New Kit

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

https://daggers.co.uk/

Epic fail on this.
daggerChris

Agree not the greatest in terms of tradition, but quite a nice kit.

The club have said the below with regards to a more traditional kit:
"During the coming months the Club will be in discussions with Nike along with our associate club, Memphis 901 FC, with a view of bringing in a more traditional Daggers kit for the 2020/2021 season. If this is successful the plan is for this new white kit to become our official away strip."

So maybe that the club were not happy with the concept kits that nike came up with originally.
EssexDagger!

Since did we scrap the Traditional Red & Blue..??

Pathetic really..
BB-Dagger

My opinion is it’s a stock white nike teeshirt with Daggers logos ironed on, as said by DTD “epic fail” I was looking forward to something in our traditional colours, can’t see this being a big seller. :thumbd:
lupins

I seem to likely be in a minority but I really like this more classical red white and blue combination which nicely showcases the new badge.
Alan

It’s a nice kit, but the white shirt is not a daggers home shirt.

I don’t expect it will sell well at £43 if there is to be a new home kit next summer.
TommyD&R

BarkingRambo

At least they know it was terrible and said they are working with Nike to change it by next year. Sounds like as suggested the kits were terrible or Nike have missed a deadline and this is all they can produce. I hope the owners are ready for this to be question no2 at the next fan forum right after asking if they have sorted the plumbing in the gents.

I quite like it as an away strip.
Dagger42

No problem with design but not right colour for home kit. I reckon someone at club has cocked up ordered the away kit design.
Dagger42

Memphis 901 away kit is Nike white, wonder if they are working to having Memphis 901 kit and our to be same colour. Thought the blue on new badge was darker!
redboy

Total lack of imagination on both counts. Then they intend to release a replacement home shirt next year. Much of what the owners have done off the field has been positive, but this is bland mediocrity
HGDagger

Looks to me like they couldn't be bothered to design a kit for next season, so just went with one of their basic plain kits and put the badge on top. They've had plenty of time to design a kit, no excuse for this.
Dagger83

Controversial but I like it. I'm not one for too much sentiment so moving away from red and blue is fine by me. I think it looks neat as I much prefer the simple designs.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
NickMurphy

Not a fan at all. Don't actually reckon this is what the owners initially intended for the new kit given the emphasis they've put on tradition and such with the new badge, so I wouldn't mind betting this has been a cock-up job somewhere down the line by someone.

The statement makes it look like a stop-gap for a season before we get a proper home kit with the normal colours, but even so I'm not a fan of this. No red and blue and the two daggers look a bit childish to be honest, not the professional fade I was hoping for.
rebeldagger

NickMurphy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:08 pm Not a fan at all. Don't actually reckon this is what the owners initially intended for the new kit given the emphasis they've put on tradition and such with the new badge, so I wouldn't mind betting this has been a cock-up job somewhere down the line by someone.

The statement makes it look like a stop-gap for a season before we get a proper home kit with the normal colours, but even so I'm not a fan of this. No red and blue and the two daggers look a bit childish to be honest, not the professional fade I was hoping for.
Totally agree, all this is is a stop gap, which is simply not good enough.

From listening to the Thommo interview (had it on as I was doing the washing up) it seems that, and is understandable, that Nike have a set quota of predicted shirt sales before they will even consider designing a unique kit for a club. Naturally we were unable to meet this demand, yet because of the links that we now have, Nike are able to offer us a simple off the peg number, albeit in the wrong colour.

So it seems our owners, despite lauding over our history and incorporating that into the revitalised badge have sold out on our colours just for an overpriced Nike t-shirt.

That is simply not good enough, if Nike could not give us a kit in our colours then we should have gone else where, to a kit supplier that can actually meet a design brief we give them. There's dozens of kit suppliers in the UK and Europe that would have done a better job then this.

What ever figure they told Nike, they may as well take a zero off that, as I don't think they'll be selling that many.

Having said all that though, I do remember Peter B Freund saying that for our casual wear they have approached a company by the name of Sports Design Sweden, a quick glance over their website shows some promise, yet we'll have to wait and see for that.