Bad News

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

Mark wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:59 pm As much as I like Conor he's going to need to hit the ground running.

Bonne had a reputation for working the back line for 90 minutes and I don't think Conor is that kind of player. He comes alive around the box when we have the ball, he prefers it into feet than chasing lost causes, he is not really a target man.

If he doesn't score a few goals early on, I can see their impatient crowd getting on his back cos he's "not Bonne". Because they have a big crowd at this level they seem to get caught in the trap of thinking they should be beating everyone hollow. A few of them seem to have made their mind up about Conor already. And maybe as he's found before not all managers can handle him as well as PT. If they look after him they've got a great player for a bargain price.
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back here around January. If he's dropped, I don't see him being too happy and he'll eventually get moved out of the 16. He likes it here so if Orient were desperate to offload him to bring in a different striker, we'd be straight on the phone I imagine.
Dagdale

Quite impressed with the PT interview this morning especially with the positives coming from him after CW departure. Were seeking 6 players and to build to a 22, get them especially one or two proven strikers, bed in well pre- season, and Iet's at last show a bit of consistency and fire forwards.
Mark

I'm sure our new signing will brighten the mood.
Alan

Genuinely baffled.
Alan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:38 pm League Games With Will Wright:

P28 W4 D8 L16 points per game: 0.71

Without Will Wright:

P16 W10 D3 L3 points per game: 2.06

Sub appearances excluded.
HGDagger

Looks like it'll be another tough season to avoid relegation. Promotion? You're having a laugh
ThatRoundThing

HGDagger wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:30 pm Looks like it'll be another tough season to avoid relegation. Promotion? You're having a laugh
This

I think the owners may have underestimated just how much has to be spent on getting us out of the National League. Not as easy as our last foray into League Two, a lot of clubs with ambition and money to to back it up now.
Can but hope a few overstretch themselves financially as in the case of Ebbsfleet.
I can’t see much of an improvement in Home attendances this coming season or much to generate income on non match days. Let’s hope the new Commercial manager can find extra income somehow.

I really hope I am proved wrong and the next few weeks reveals some quality signings.
lupins

There are still 7 weeks till the season starts lots more activity to come yet
The Owner by expressing a desire to challenge has probably made a rod for his own back. We all know this will be a tough league but to write the season off on June 19 is frankly ridiculous
Not unhappy with Will Wright as he is young, versatile and anyone who actually watched since Christmas would see lots of improvement. More to come for sure
IanC

Absolutely agree 100% with lupins,let’s all settle down and wait to see how it pans out.
Only one thing happens on June 19 and that’s my birthday 🎂
Anything else is irrelevant,COYD