USA vs Guyana

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Shroud_of_hope

Finished my night shift just in time for the kick off, Bonds and Gordon both start ⚔️😁
A S dagger97

Barring the 4-0 loss, how was the performance by our lads, I noticed they both played the whole 90 mins
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
BarkingRambo

Only watched first half while I got ready for work. Considering USA played their first team squad, all playing top flight football they were doing quite well.

Gordon did miss his attacker a few times but made up for it with some good defensive clearances. I think put in one of best crosses in the first half. Landed perfectly in centre of the goal just a shame Guyana don’t have more quality up front.

Bondz has been solid but uninspiring. Seems to be a defensive mid role. Made a few good tackles to break up play and some good passes but has been invisible for some parts of the game but I think he is playing well enough That the time is now to give him a go in our squad.
Diggerthedog

Great achievement from both of them, think both will feature heavily next season.
DaggerJoel11

So pleasing to see two Daggers academy graduates facing the USA and doing both themselves and the club proud. They both played really well and although it was 4-0, that wasn't nearly as convincing as the vast contrasts between the squads indicated, with many people predicting upwards of a seven or eight goal margin at least. Liam Gordon in particular was superb and made two goal-saving interventions in the first half an hour, as well as providing energy down the left flank. Bonds was also impressive considering he was directly up against Chelsea's new 57 million signing Christian Pulisic and has never started a league game in his senior career. Bodes well for us and the experience should do both of them good, expect to see Bonds have more participation in the first-team next season.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
AVincelotFlyingLeap

They are live on free sports now against Panama ! Gordon just got turned for their second goal