New Signing

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger42

Reece Grant signed from Aldershot.
rebeldagger

A quick look on the 'Shots forum would tell you that they are going to miss him, they highly rate him as a good prospect, so on that I'll be looking forward to see how he fares. Although I fear we may need more attacking options?
TommyD&R

Went college with him so I’ve always followed his career. Scored a decent amount at pretty much every club his been at, great finisher a lot more lively than Wilkinson too. Not saying he’s better obviously but we’ll get a better all round contribution. Almost like an Adeloye who can actually score goals.
Diggerthedog

TommyD&R wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:37 pm Went college with him so I’ve always followed his career. Scored a decent amount at pretty much every club his been at, great finisher a lot more lively than Wilkinson too. Not saying he’s better obviously but we’ll get a better all round contribution. Almost like an Adeloye who can actually score goals.
Take it he is local then? Looking at their forum seems like they will miss him, 12 goals in a relegated team is a pretty decent season.
TommyD&R

Think he’s north west London. Started off with Wealdstone, scores a few goals in their last Ryman or first conference south season but never got a real chance and dropped right down to Northwood and worked his way up. Keeps proving himself every time he steps up so I’m hopeful for him. Our college trained at the hive and Barnet took on a few but not him which I was surprised at. Quite a few from his crop ended up going pro.
NBDag

Not sure if this is a 20+ striker that we need, but definitely a step in the right direction.
Dagdale

This looks a good catch, he seems eager to get started with us and can scratch the net, welcome on board.
Mark

If the idea is for us to go with a front 4 of Luque Balanta Grant Graham, I think it's quite lacking. Even starting with a front 2 of Grant and Balanta, I don't think it will score enough goals.

Having said that, I think the new lad has plenty of potential and can become a big asset over time.
EssexDagger!

I wonder if he is Connor’s direct replacement or if Taylor already was bringing him in before Connor had left for Orient? ... Is he going to be our Main striker or will he be used as back up to somebody else who we are still looking at???

Also, can he take Penalties? :clap:
stanton101

On a positive note, it's nice to see the club haven't wasted much time in finding a replacement.
BarkingRambo

We were excited when we got Cheek in because he scored quite a few goals considering he was playing with a relegated team and Reece seems no different to that, in fact watching a youtube vid to him he might even have a bit more to his game.

A few years ago we had a lineup of Fejiri, Hawkins and Whitely and having joined us from Hendon, Hemel Hempstead and Enfield. These players sound uninspiring at first but this club has often done better with players coming up from the lower leagues than it has bringing league players down to our level.

All the fans of the clubs we have got these players from have all said we have taken a good players and sometimes even their best so lets see how they gel. I'm excited to see the pre season games and who we might get in on trial.
rebeldagger

We seem to be putting together a team of players whom are all up for a challenge, and whom are looking to better themselves and those around them. I'm now looking forward to this season in such a way that I've not for a good few years. Just think where we were this time last year, or over the year before that, and one before that too.
TommyD&R

EssexDagger! wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:26 pm Also, can he take Penalties? :clap:
Matt Le Tissier would forget how to take a good penalty if he just put a Dagenham shirt on
PatrickJ1980

Happy with the signing but we need a lot more which I’m quietly confident we will get after June 30th once we see who’s not been offered new contracts at there clubs.
The thing I’m a bit surprised about is that we haven’t had a couple of young American prospects enter the frame!
To be honest was hoping the new consortium might have a bit of quality to throw our way!
Fingers crossed though I’m sure they have thought of it!