Joe Quigley

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggerChris

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:47 pm
LondonDagger wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:27 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:48 pm Most of the new players are better than the ones we have let go, certainly a top half finish on the cards. Would have been higher had we got a striker in as good as Wilkinson but that probably won’t happen now.

Grant scored a lot of goals for a team that got relegated so here’s hoping he can add 5-10 more to that tally with players like Balanta around him.

Odamatey will be the legs in midfield we badly missed last season, he will be a fans favourite.

Brundle is a great player, best signing of the summer in my eyes, certainly one to watch.

We have strength in depth this time so no bringing in crap like most of last season when we had injuries/suspension. Still time for 1-2 more in the door, maybe a loan or two to bolster numbers and who knows.

COYD
Strizovic is not better than Moore, Harfield is better than a few, Munns is better than most, its actually amazing how people think we will be top half.
Harfield turned down a contract so cant blame the manager on that one, Munns I agree he is good but when you compare his stats last season to Brundle who is a similar player its no contest. This side should be good enough for top ten given the spine that was left over from last season and the additions added.

I love it how people use the this league will be stronger than ever, truth is no one actually knows that but looking at it with Orient and Salford gone and replaced by Yeovil and Notts I would say its not actually stronger. Also Ebbsfleet will be weaker as will Halifax who have just lost their manager and have only 14 players signed up, Aldershot will be down the bottom again and I don't think Harrogate will have as good a season. Sutton another team lost all of their best players and manager.

There are many more teams we can finish above this time around from my view so who knows until it actually gets going. I only see 4 teams as dead certs to finish in the top 7, Fylde, Wrexham, Chesterfield, and Solihull. The rest we start on a level playing field with.
Pretty much agree with the above. When looking at the League at the start of last season I think everyone fancied Salford or Orient. Going into this season the teams that stand out to me are Chesterfield and Fylde. I could see us finishing anywhere between 4th and 15th, that's how competitive the league will be. Personally don't see us any lower than that.

For the people who are negative about the signings, have you seen them play regularly to judge? I know I haven't. The only players I remember seeing last year was Odametey who always impressed, and Dobson who I thought looked ok in the Sutton game. The others don't stand out for either the right or wrong reason, although I must admit I'm concerned we have signed a striker who was behind Mullings in the pecking order. But I think the owners statement about promotion was poorly written, whilst I agree with the sentiment its much better to try and do it the right way rather than buy the league by perhaps doing what Bromley are with there heavy spending, and what we did not too long ago.

The squad on paper at least looks balanced enough to play different systems when things need changing. Personally can see us playing 3 at the back a lot more with starting 11 that looks the way to get our better players in, Manny, Clark and Croll (who I have never seen, but given the Exeter fans comments on him seems decent if injury free), Robbo, Odametey and Brundle in a midfield 3.
Oxhead

Lewis Moore, Harfield and Munns better than who we have now, You are joking. Adeloye, Nunn both really poor.
The new squad is far superior, watch us go
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:43 pm Just scored 3 minutes into his debut.
Mullins did that as well lol!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:52 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:43 pm Just scored 3 minutes into his debut.
Mullins did that as well lol!
Don’t you’ll give us all nightmares. Looking forward to him banging in a Hatrick for Aldershot against us this season.
DevonDagger

Absolutely expect a lot of talk about the new boys and comparing our former players to current. Especially given how effective Conor was.

However I’d like to mention an existing, Angelo Balanta. I don’t think he’s given us a poor service by any stretch but I’d like to see a bit more from him in terms of getting on the scoresheet. If he can get 15-20 goals then it would go a long way to supporting Grant and Quigley, whichever starts if not both. If Boreham Wood are to believed we have forked out a lot of money to have him so I hope/think I’m not being too unreasonable!
Diggerthedog

DevonDagger wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:22 pm Absolutely expect a lot of talk about the new boys and comparing our former players to current. Especially given how effective Conor was.

However I’d like to mention an existing, Angelo Balanta. I don’t think he’s given us a poor service by any stretch but I’d like to see a bit more from him in terms of getting on the scoresheet. If he can get 15-20 goals then it would go a long way to supporting Grant and Quigley, whichever starts if not both. If Boreham Wood are to believed we have forked out a lot of money to have him so I hope/think I’m not being too unreasonable!
Balanta is not a 15-20 goals a season player, plays too deep. About 10 would be a realistic target.
HGDagger

lupins wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:50 pm
HGDagger wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:13 pm
LondonDagger wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:54 pm I think a lot of you need to wake up and see that the team we have here is a bottom half team. Hardly any of these players are good enough and comparing Quigley to Wilkinson is a joke. Wilko had a bad attitude and wasn't wanted at Gillingham, however he had and could score goals. Quigley has been down here for a while and was released by Bromley.

Have a look around the table, teams like Stockport, Wrexham, Notts County, York will be up here in a few years. These teams will be fighting for promotions and Taylor just hasn't done enough in this market. He has signed some poor players which are no better than what we have released.
I agree this season will be the most competitive league season since we've been down and we'll be lucky to stay up, however it is still early days, and you just don't know how the team will turn out.
Two of the more ridiculous pre season forecasts and based on what exactly
I know we're only 1 game into the season but can people understand what I said now. This squad is simply not good enough. Big signings are needed ASAP otherwise this season is going to be a big struggle.