Ben Goodliffe

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Amber SUFC

Has joined Sutton United.
Honest views would be appreciated?
DevonDagger

Great signing for you imo and personally preferred him over our recent re-signing of Manny. However think I might be in the minority.

Record may suggest prone to a red card but these were early on with a poor team and I felt he grew considerably as the season progresses. Wolves paid a fee for him only a year or two ago before being released this summer.
Amber SUFC

DevonDagger wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:36 pm Great signing for you imo and personally preferred him over our recent re-signing of Manny. However think I might be in the minority.

Record may suggest prone to a red card but these were early on with a poor team and I felt he grew considerably as the season progresses. Wolves paid a fee for him only a year or two ago before being released this summer.
Thanks DD
Mark

I think he's really good and I'd rather have him than Clark in all honesty. He's big, strong, good in the air, reads the game increasingly well. His main drawbacks are that he's very slow and he gets his feet in a bit of a mess when he's under pressure. He's very young though and the latter point is solvable.
Amber SUFC

Mark wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:38 pm I think he's really good and I'd rather have him than Clark in all honesty. He's big, strong, good in the air, reads the game increasingly well. His main drawbacks are that he's very slow and he gets his feet in a bit of a mess when he's under pressure. He's very young though and the latter point is solvable.
Many thanks Mark.
Oxhead

His dad Jason is on the management team at Sutton. Thought he would have been retained by Wolves and would definitely have kept him
SUSSEX DAGGER

Uncut diamond on.the pitch absoloute diamond off it. You have a quality addition,broke his nose at least three times last season for the cause and every away game I went to last season he was first over to the fans to thank them for coming at the end. This is one envious Dagger would have kept him in a heartbeat
Amber SUFC

Many thanks for your comments guys, it's appreciated.
BB-Dagger

I spoke to him after the Sutton game away last season and he hated the plastic pitch! Be interesting to see how he gets on.