Wilko Transfer Listed.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NickMurphy

So...err....seems as though we're losing players on a daily basis at the moment. Not gone obviously, but the fact he's placed himself on the transfer list isn't the most encouraging sign. Can only assume he wants more game time rather obviously.

Personally I'd start him alongside Doe next season. Reckon he's better than Saah, and with a full pre-season behind him like 2012/2013, I think he'd reform that relatively solid partnership with Doe. Can only assume he's asked to leave because he feels he'll be 3rd or even 4th choice next season.
TommyD&R

Hopefully its just a femi style kick up the arse
NickMurphy

TommyD&R wrote:Hopefully its just a femi style kick up the arse
Self-requested so I doubt it.
SUSSEX DAGGER

He was my player of year season before but last year he became a complete liability.

Remember Mansfield away Oxford away Bristol Rovers away anf Portsmouth at home when in parts of those games he was simply shocking. The only game I thought he looked any good was Accrington away . He was miles away last season from the form he showed the previous.

Why anybody would want to swap a partnership that got us to 9th and revert back to one that got us to 22nd and relying on favours beats me.

Said it before and say it again our only concearn in this posistion has to be how long we can keep Scott Doe .How ever long it is and how much he is being paid it aint enough. Without him we would have been praying again last season. Results dont lie and perhapshe has worked it out by himself where that leaves him.
TheLion

Where did you see this news Nick? Nothing on daggers.co.uk
dagger4eva

Concerning that a) he's another who he himself wants to leave the club, b) this would leave us with 9 1st team players, and c) this "news" has appeared 1st on the website of the local paper before the club's official site.

These many departures are hardly something to convince those humming and harring about whether to snap up the ST deal at this late stage to go ahead and purchase.

Let's hope Wayne & his team have some able replacements in mind & lined up! :o
Masked Man

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:He was my player of year season before but last year he became a complete liability.
THAT!! Not sure how, but it was the case.

I'd like to see it sorted and him return to form because he was absolute quality, and quality players do not just become shit overnight.
matt_drfc

Nick you mean 2012/13 season ;)
TommyD&R

NickMurphy wrote:
TommyD&R wrote:Hopefully its just a femi style kick up the arse
Self-requested so I doubt it.
Ah right, makes sense i suppose. Too good to not play really.
ARNU

He was rubbish last season.Cant see anyone snapping him up on that showing.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

Tricky one, he had a great season followed by an awful season. At his very best I'd say he's better than Saah but three into two was never going to go long-term I guess
Lcbdagger

If he could have played with Saah then we had a genuine discussion about rotating players and keeping all three centre backs fit and fresh throughout a long season... sadly the two big guys both showed last season that they couldn't play without Doe.

Sad if he goes but Gayle looks an able deputy during a suspension or minor injury... main worry is the size of the squad now
ARNU

Lets be honest,he looked and was great in a hoofing team but would struggle to even pass wind in a straight line.If Stilly still hoofs at Luton he'd be a shoe in.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

ARNU wrote:Lets be honest,he looked and was great in a hoofing team but would struggle to even pass wind in a straight line.If Stilly still hoofs at Luton he'd be a shoe in.
I could also see that happening except you have to remember that Wilkinson is on the transfer list and NOT a free agent. And what with poor little Luton not having a pot to piss in however would they be able to buy him off us.

:lol: