Current Squad

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Certainly not banking on Goldberg... but we saw where the 'try hard, run around a lot and work hard for the team but with no end product' ultimately gets us with players like Dickson and Reed... not going to remembered as Daggers legends in years to come... even two leagues below us if the boy knows where the goal is, all power to him this season!
matt_drfc

Updated
matt_drfc

matt_drfc wrote:Updated
USADAGGER nick

I may be in minority, but we look to have a nice promotion challenging team coming together. Especially if Obafemi impresses.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well we certainly have a team that should do well in Confrence South if it all goes pear shaped over the next couple of seasons . The latest alleged recruit coming from that level.

Thus far i can not pretend that i am nothing but underehelmed by the recruits in comparrison to what we have lost. Promotion talk to my mind is pie in the sky,whatever occurs it is going to take time for this lot to gel and a long season is ahead of us just to keep our League status
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Well we certainly have a team that should do well in Confrence South if it all goes pear shaped over the next couple of seasons . The latest alleged recruit coming from that level.

Thus far i can not pretend that i am nothing but underehelmed by the recruits in comparrison to what we have lost. Promotion talk to my mind is pie in the sky,whatever occurs it is going to take time for this lot to gel and a long season is ahead of us just to keep our League status
I think for all of us, the only signings that could excite us will be attackers. Still think we need 3 more attacking players, be it strikers or wingers.
FullMetalDagger

Not to be overly optimistic or anything, but when do we ever get in established names? even from 1 league below?
seems like a standard off season for us, a couple of new unknowns. quite excited myself? anyone going Bromley?
redboy

Of the signings made, they just seem like squad players to me. Less is more, get some experience and quality in !
matt_drfc

redboy wrote:Of the signings made, they just seem like squad players to me. Less is more, get some experience and quality in !
You donating some money then? Experience costs a lot
Lcbdagger

We won't sign Ronaldo or Messi but certainly for me the signing of hines last signing raised my expectations regarding who we might be able to bring in this summer... happy to have a strong squad but we need a few decent players rather than too many 'ones for the future' all coming in within the same month
Adrian

Experience isn't always expensive. There will be experienced players that other clubs aren't that interested in.

I'm all for giving young players a chance but they need experience around them. We missed a Peter Gain or Mark Arber last year.

Of the signings we've made, I'm not sure any are improvements on what we had already and got rid of.
Batt looks a decent signing but probably isn't significantly better than Hoyte.
redboy

Matt, what I'm saying is that I'd rather have a class player on say 1500 p/w, than 3 squad players on 500 each for example. Look at the World Cup. They are no outstanding teams, but the ones doing well ie Brazil, Holland, Argentina each have a world class player.
matt_drfc

redboy wrote:Matt, what I'm saying is that I'd rather have a class player on say 1500 p/w, than 3 squad players on 500 each for example. Look at the World Cup. They are no outstanding teams, but the ones doing well ie Brazil, Holland, Argentina each have a world class player.
Oh so would I, but players that have been round the block and are decent are usually expensive, we've always made our money on the unproven players, although experience is needed of course. But I'd like to think Cousins, Batt, Doe, Saah, Ogogo, Howell have got that experience. Maybe an experienced forward could do the trick. But other than that I think we will be ok!
DagenHammer87

We've seen what experienced football league players can be like (ala Dickson) so why not give these hungry young players a go?

We were very much a surprise package last season that even shocked a load of us. Why can't we do it again?

We all agree that what Wayne has moved on has been the right choices; and bringing in players that haven't had the opportunity elsewhere and turning them into something is what made our little club famous in the football world.

I trust Wayne and I think that with a squad of his own players he can grow as a manager and hopefully do well with us. At least they are here because they want to be and if they use us as a stepping stone; then at least we will get some performances out of them and a nice little profit when they move on.

So long as we don't move them on to Peterborough or orient!
Adrian

DagenHammer87 wrote:We've seen what experienced football league players can be like (ala Dickson) so why not give these hungry young players a go?

We were very much a surprise package last season that even shocked a load of us. Why can't we do it again?

We all agree that what Wayne has moved on has been the right choices; and bringing in players that haven't had the opportunity elsewhere and turning them into something is what made our little club famous in the football world.

I trust Wayne and I think that with a squad of his own players he can grow as a manager and hopefully do well with us. At least they are here because they want to be and if they use us as a stepping stone; then at least we will get some performances out of them and a nice little profit when they move on.

So long as we don't move them on to Peterborough or orient!
The young players we've developed previously have had some experience around them to help them out. There have been plenty of experienced players that have worked well for us.

I also don't believe we all agree with the the players that have been released.