Current Squad

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

Seems to me that a lot of players are quite keen to leave us this summer.

I would say across all the signings we've made, the average level isn't as good as those who have left. Considering our poor form for much of the second half of last season, I can't say I'm at all optimistic.

The defence worries me as neither keeper has much experience at any level and the same goes for the left backs. Are either of them really ready for a full season at this level?

We didn't create much without Zavon and our only solution so far is Chambers who couldn't get a game in the conference.

Let's see who else comes in.
Richie

I agree with Mark. Not panicking as it's 6 weeks until the first match but wouldn't be too confident going in with this squad.
Lcbdagger

Up front will be interesting... we saw what an impact Murphy was early doors and we missed the Murphy/ Hines combo after Christmas... big shoes for Goldberg if we don't bring in someone with a bit of experience
matt_drfc

Updated again
matt_drfc

matt_drfc wrote:This is the current squad,

Cousins
O'Brien

Batt
Doe
Saah
Gayle
Partridge
Connors
Green

Bingham
Ogogo
Howell
Labadie
Raymond
Shields
Chambers
Hemmings

Murphy
Cureton
Goldberg
Nouble
1 more winger (Porter) and I'd say we are done. Maybe another striker (& Boucaud) if funds are available ;)
Dagdale

Dead right there Matt if we can take the latter two on board as well and give 'em all a bit of time to work in with each other I think WB and his staff may have cracked it, of course until his fully fit wonder if we will add Zavon Hines to it, a fully fit Hines after seeing him a good part of last early to mid season would be some force to reckon with especially joining the 'new look daggers'.
matt_drfc

Cousins
O'Brien

Batt
Doe
Saah
Gayle
Partridge
Connors
Green

Bingham
Ogogo
Howell
Labadie
Boucaud
Raymond

Shields
Porter
Chambers
Hemmings

Murphy
Cureton
Goldberg
Nouble
Lcbdagger

matt_drfc wrote:

Cousins
O'Brien

Batt
Doe
Saah
Gayle
Partridge
Connors
Green

Bingham
Ogogo
Howell
Labadie
Boucaud
Raymond

Shields
Porter
Chambers
Hemmings

Murphy
Cureton
Goldberg
Nouble
A fit Murphy and the pre-season version of Connors replaced with the proper left back from last season would make that a decent squad
matt_drfc

I agree! Especially if we add Zav and get another striker in, I can't see any position where we will be particularly short. Appears to me a better squad than last season if I'm honest.
matt_drfc

Cousins
O'Brien

Batt
Doe
Saah
Gayle
Partridge
Connors
Green

Bingham
Ogogo
Howell
Labadie
Boucaud
Raymond

Shields
Porter
Chambers
Hemmings
Hines

Murphy
Cureton
Goldberg
Nouble
1 more striker and that's a blinding squad!
mickeyblue

im happy with the strikers tbh 2 very good strikers plus 2 good potential and we only play 1.
but we finished 9th!
matt_drfc

mickeyblue wrote:im happy with the strikers tbh 2 very good strikers plus 2 good potential and we only play 1.
Reason I say that is because I expect Nouble to go out on loan, Goldberg isn't ready to lead the line on his own yet either, can't count on Murphy to stay fit for whole season and Cureton can't play every game, so just think we need a different type of striker, more of a hold up man if we go 2 up front at some points. It's not a massive deal, but it's nice to have different options like we have in different areas
Lcbdagger

matt_drfc wrote:
mickeyblue wrote:im happy with the strikers tbh 2 very good strikers plus 2 good potential and we only play 1.
Reason I say that is because I expect Nouble to go out on loan, Goldberg isn't ready to lead the line on his own yet either, can't count on Murphy to stay fit for whole season and Cureton can't play every game, so just think we need a different type of striker, more of a hold up man if we go 2 up front at some points. It's not a massive deal, but it's nice to have different options like we have in different areas
unlikely to be done now we have brought Boucard in to the midfield but I think Cureton will play better with a partner than part of a three man attack
matt_drfc

Lcbdagger wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
unlikely to be done now we have brought Boucard in to the midfield but I think Cureton will play better with a partner than part of a three man attack
Wayne said he still wants to bring in a striker AND ANOTHER WINGER
bearaab

Wonder if Shields will actually get a game.