Quiet on here

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

I assume we were alright today then, as there’s been nothing posted.
ARNU

Much better all round than the charlton game. Liking that Odametey. Brundle looks solid, is he a midfielder or a defender?? Plays a good long ball. Not overly moved by what I’ve seen of quigley, the Spanish bloke looks good. I think Liam Gordon is our best left back the ginger lad seems a bit clumsy. Kandi is probably our best striker, wouldn’t mind betting he’s the fastest over 100 metres.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RayleighDagger1986

ARNU wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:49 pm Much better all round than the charlton game. Liking that Odametey. Brundle looks solid, is he a midfielder or a defender?? Plays a good long ball. Not overly moved by what I’ve seen of quigley, the Spanish bloke looks good. I think Liam Gordon is our best left back the ginger lad seems a bit clumsy. Kandi is probably our best striker, wouldn’t mind betting he’s the fastest over 100 metres.
It's pre season Arnu. How you look at today's friendly it's a good result
Auntie Merge

Alan wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:55 pm I assume we were alright today then, as there’s been nothing posted.
The forum was offline for essential maintenance for some time this afternoon.
Pondfield Dagger

well deserved draw against a poor southend team, another relegation struggle for them this season.

most players swapped at half time, except Odametey, work rate unreal never stops, breaks up play and can drive with the ball as well.

croll did well, solid. there was one moment second half, southend player bursting through our team left 1 on 1 with croll, croll did really really well against, made him go wide, and messed up his chance.

southend poor but could have nicked it, a few dangerous fouls on edge of box, need to cut that out, and a few bad kick outs from justham resulting in one really bad miss from the southend striker putting it wide.

Reece Grant only one chance really and took it , clinical.
ARNU

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:24 pm
ARNU wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:49 pm Much better all round than the charlton game. Liking that Odametey. Brundle looks solid, is he a midfielder or a defender?? Plays a good long ball. Not overly moved by what I’ve seen of quigley, the Spanish bloke looks good. I think Liam Gordon is our best left back the ginger lad seems a bit clumsy. Kandi is probably our best striker, wouldn’t mind betting he’s the fastest over 100 metres.
It's pre season Arnu. How you look at today's friendly it's a good result
I know and I did see it as a good result. Nobody was terrible. Absolutely clueless as to who Taylor’s starting 11 will be. But I think one or two today put in a good bid. Odemetey especially.
DaggerJoel11

It was an encouraging performance from us I thought. Already it's gonna be hard to pick between Luque/Graham, Gordon/Wood, Dobson/McQueen etc - it's pleasing to have headaches of a positive kind for a change which is certainly different to this time last year where we badly lacked depth and quality. In the first few friendlies Quigley has seemed to slow the play down a bit and takes a while to get the ball under control, but although I'm still not convinced on the signing, a goal and assist in 1-and-a-half full games can't be argued with, even if it is only a friendly. Thought Grant took the goal very well and McQueen was very good on the right. Was a better defensive performance and there weren't many times we appeared exposed or under significant threat.

Here's my match report from the match for those interested - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... d-united-1
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
len

I thought Quigley held the ball up well, won a few headers and also made the goal, however the standout player for me for his energy and commitment was Odametey who looks a very good signing and just what we needed.
IanC

I’ve already wrote him in me ST as my player of the year!!!
Think he’s gonna be awesome.
dagger4eva

Really dont get the point of Alan's snipey first post here...

The forum has been pretty dead for ages.

The Chelmsord loss attracted a thread of just 1 post.

The Charlton loss had a thread of 11 posts of which you were one.

Yet you seem to think it should all of a sudden be some hive of activity because we managed a 1-1 draw in a pre season friendly with Southend..... ?
Okaaaaaaay then!
A S dagger97

Once the ball starts rolling (literally) and the season is underway, the flock will return and hopefully there will be a bit more positivity on here than in recent years.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Alan

dagger4eva wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:39 am Really dont get the point of Alan's snipey first post here...

The forum has been pretty dead for ages.

The Chelmsord loss attracted a thread of just 1 post.

The Charlton loss had a thread of 11 posts of which you were one.

Yet you seem to think it should all of a sudden be some hive of activity because we managed a 1-1 draw in a pre season friendly with Southend..... ?
Okaaaaaaay then!
No, I just found it unusual that 5 hours after a home game there wasn’t a single post and so assumed the performance was neither dire nor incredible as there no posts.
rebeldagger

Any news on the club house yet, does it look as if work will be complete by August?
ARNU

It is only pre season as I have been told a couple of times recently. I normally start a thread after a game but didn’t go straight home this time. My charlton thread soon turned into discussion about club houses and kits so it seems there’s not a great deal of interest just yet.
DevonDagger

We rolled over Concord and swiftly then lost to Chelmsford before smacked by a promoted league 1 side then looking on a par with another league 1 side.

We haven't even played a friendly against anyone in our division yet. If I were closer I'd go to friendlies for an afternoon out in the sunshine (hopefully) but as for results and performances, as someone said it the other day Barnet lost 9-0 in a friendly before winning the league. I wouldn't go as far to say I'm disinterested but I feel there's minimal to really discuss as it's often very misleading anyway. My honest opinion will only really start to form by the end of August.