Woking Home

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

And could and even worse to say SHOULD have been a four nil! From the kick off the look of our side with what we thought was a decent looking defence certainly turned their watch off when a Woking guy probably couldn't believe the space he had from a cpl of yards to latch in that opening goal and behold after 30 minutes how did that guy miss a second from that right wing excellent feed Fook knows? No lessons learnt at the oranges cause then behold probably the biggest lump on the park that mountain Diarra was doing exactly the same to grab the second and that's it, game over, Tbf Daggers will get it on but when is anybodies guess, I do believe the players are there and quite impressed with the Watford wing back and with a Grant /Luque start next match please, Oh to be a dagger!
Auntie Merge

Is anyone truly surprised by the result? I’m
not and I expect lots more of the same.
Taylor has signed a lot of mediocre players from clubs below us or who got relegated.
He has no star or senior player of experience in the team who can bring these players up to a top 7 side, let alone win the league.
It reminds me of the Leo Braithwaite years.

It is going to be a very long season until Taylor goes, he is from the Wayne Burnett school
of football management. I’m happy to be proved wrong but we’re never going to win an egg cup with the current setup and I’m hoping the Americans can see this sooner rather than later.

The only person I would be inclined to keep is Terry Harris. Terry has an amazing track record, and look what he did at Boreham Wood a couple of seasons ago as a number 2. I notice that Taylor never seems to listen to Terry (or anyone else for that matter) and Terry seems pushed aside. Maybe this is part of the problem -
the one who has had the most management success at this level is not being listened to?
Adrian

Shaun (D&R) wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:45 pm Agree with most of that Adrian. However, don’t understand the criticism of Manny. Thought he had a good game and Diarra was flattened by marking Quigley the whole game.

All the stories about Quigley proved true. Slow, bad touch, no presence. If the owners don’t want to embraced by their promotion pledge, we need to be looking at another striker very quickly.
I think Onariase is overrated. He was what we needed when he first arrived, but after the run of wins ended he generally looked to be pretty average to me.
I don’t think he’s anything like as good as is made out, and he has quite a few mistakes in him.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Out the two always fancied Goodliffe, more and thought it was the money that prevented it. Then he rocked up at Sutton .

If we,play like this at home then those long away days will become a chore
CharlieC

Largely agree with Lee. Despite having a supposedly superior squad to last season Taylor is still setting us up to nullify the opposition rather than play to our strengths. I’m hoping yesterday’s performance was just a case of new players not gelling rather than a sign of things to come.

Criticising Manny is a bit harsh IMO, thought he had a fairly solid game in open play, although I haven’t seen the highlights properly so don’t know if he was at fault for either of the goals.

No real stand out players for us yesterday, apart from Luque when he came on. I actually thought Croll did a good job at left back despite being out of position. Still baffles me why Gordon didn’t start though, we missed his attacking abilities going forward.

Quigley doesn’t look up to it. Of course he deserves 5/6 more games to prove him self, but I hope we are ruthless if he’s not performing by replacing him.
leewilson

Adrian wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:48 am
Shaun (D&R) wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:45 pm Agree with most of that Adrian. However, don’t understand the criticism of Manny. Thought he had a good game and Diarra was flattened by marking Quigley the whole game.

All the stories about Quigley proved true. Slow, bad touch, no presence. If the owners don’t want to embraced by their promotion pledge, we need to be looking at another striker very quickly.
I think Onariase is overrated. He was what we needed when he first arrived, but after the run of wins ended he generally looked to be pretty average to me.
I don’t think he’s anything like as good as is made out, and he has quite a few mistakes in him.
I agree with this. We have had a tendency in recent years to sign utter dross at CB and then the replacements look like world beaters in comparison. I remember we signed Ayo on loan who looked great compared to an ageing Brian Saah. We did the same the following season when we started the season with bloody Nosworthy and Gayle, although this time he didn't look quite as good. No surprise that he's bounced around middling sides in the National League since.

We all loved Craig Robson too and many were suggesting that he would play at a higher level. However, comparing him to the likes of Lokko, an ageing Doe and then the likes of Dikamona and co from the League Two disaster, he probably looked like a world beater. Yet now he plays a level below for Billericay.

I think Manny is similar. I liked Goodliffe but realistically he is a solid National League defender as well at present. Manny looked a massive upgrade on Will Wright and Alex Davey but neither of them are National League level Centre Backs. Realistically he's a solid player at this level but not as good as some assume. If you want a top drawer centre back for this league, you just need to look at the likes of Shaun Pearson at Wrexham or Ekpiteta from Orient last season. Now both of them rarely make a mistake and command their defence. Manny is only 22 though and I think he will get better but fans mustn't expect too much too soon.
IanC

Agree mostly with what leewilson says above,especially 2nd paragraph,and has I said in another thread I don't think anyone else in the ground would have come up with that 11.
However buddy im afraid I have to take you to task with the,our fanbase knows a player!!
Theres plenty in that sieve my friend that know shit from feckin clay and are utterly clueless,and know nothing else other than moaning and barracking the players all game.And that's even when we`re winning!!!
Mark

Nobody would have picked that xi, but it was rather predictable that the manager picked that xi. The fan base as a whole seem to regularly completely disagree with Taylor's selections. Normally I wouldn't be overly concerned by that as I'd expect the manager to be a lot more clued in than the casual punter, but with him I'm not so sure!

Having said that, I don't think changing 1 or 2 players is going to suddenly give us a much better performance.