Are the owners aware ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Sagres wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:35 am Peter Freund tweeted -
"One to forget this evening at Victoria Road but I want to thank our fans for their incredible support as we work tirelessly to build a club we can all be proud of. I will now be over on the 24th at Eastleigh & the following match v. Yeovil".
They were coming to these games weeks ago.
Daggerfrom70s

ARNU wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:26 pm Why have a no2 if he can’t effect the decision making? I remember a good few seasons ago Still and Harris went on a 3 points out of a possible 54 run, which was just awful to watch. Surely you have to take responsibility if you’re the no2. Anyway the football they’re serving up is terrible. They should both go back to Jurassic park and let us get someone better.
I have worked for many companies over the years and managers make decisions and the staff below them carry them out. Do you hear of, say, Mourinho's no 2 changing any of his team's set ups? Get real !! No one can be happy with the displays but the buck stops at the top. I've seen his interviews and he is set in his ways and beliefs. No one is going to change that. As an aside I think he should show his face after games win, lose or draw.
Mark

Dagdale wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:43 am Taking away the financial crises early last season where our backs were really against the wall are we in any better position than 4 years back at the end of the Burnett catastrophe. where's it gone wrong in all that time? Three of our newer players Clark, Brundle and Grant had previous clubs fans really up in arms on their prospective forums about their losses, wheres the problem now?
I would counter that they all came from clubs that wouldn't dream of troubling the playoff places. If you are looking at a top 7 finish as stated by the board then what gives anyone the confidence these players can deliver it.

The way we conceded the 3rd last night was exactly the sort of thing that happens to teams who are used to getting beat. Most of our players spent most of last season getting beat, for us or for other clubs.
Ally Fraser

Quigley looks like a shit version of Leon Braithwaite. My problem isn’t with him, my problem is with Taylor giving him a 2 year contract and putting him in the team.
dagger4eva

Lets be perfectly frank here, the Owners are only really going to be aware of whatever the Mein Fuhrer decides to relay back to them.

This is a man that just 2 weeks prior to actually sacking Burnett stood there on the terrace, with a straight face and told me he hadnt spoken to or heard of a single person that wanted him gone. Was utter delusion on the grandest scale.

Im sure the Americans are being told, oh Peter Taylor is amazing, everyone loves him, its just one or two trouble makers causing a fuss.

I was desperately hoping that a new season would bring a new dynamic to almost everything at the club.

A new team of wonderful signings, that would spark some life and excitement back on to the terraces.
Failed!! It was one of the drabbest and dullest games and atmospheres in a long time!!

A manager with an ambition on par of the Owners, to set up a team that would play exciting football and propel us towards promotion, or at the very least the playoffs.
With 3 points from 12 we sit 3rd bottom.

A new club shop was meant to be finished.
Failed (miserably) - we must have hired the slowest, sh@test building firm in living history.

Some new food choices in the ground to tempt those of us heading to the club straight from work.
Failed (miserably) - same old julie's burgers, stale pot noodles and cardboard chips.

Perhaps a change to the matchday hospitality menu?
Failed - same old, same old overcharged crappy carvery.

How about a new selection of drinks in the clubhouse or even a drinks promo or two?
Nope - dont be silly .... failed! I was literally at the bar for 2 minutes before a bloke came up to change his pint of flat carling.

A new commercial guy. OK, hes only been in the job a couple of weeks or so & happy to see what he comes up with, but what the hell have we been doing all summer?
Virtually no PR.
And what smacked me last night was how bare the ground was of advertising boards. There was a time that the whole back of the carling stand was filled up and also behind the goal. Now, both areas are almost completely empty of any advertising/sponsorship whatsoever.

Even the slightly slicker looking programme contained notes from Taylor having his 1st pop at supporters who had previously dared to voice any concerns.

So yeah, if Peter & Craig are being made to believe that the club continues to be run effectively, they should know they are being sold a pup!

I was SO excited to be returning to the ground last night after a very long summer without any football, but by 9.30pm, my only feeling was that the old place had a feel of being completely on its arse, in virtually every respect.

America is renowned for putting on a show and creating a REAL matchday experience. But this was as flat as a New York pancake, from start to finish.
Richie

dagger4eva wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:35 am Lets be perfectly frank here, the Owners are only really going to be aware of whatever the Mein Fuhrer decides to relay back to them.

This is a man that just 2 weeks prior to actually sacking Burnett stood there on the terrace, with a straight face and told me he hadnt spoken to or heard of a single person that wanted him gone. Was utter delusion on the grandest scale.

Im sure the Americans are being told, oh Peter Taylor is amazing, everyone loves him, its just one or two trouble makers causing a fuss.

I was desperately hoping that a new season would bring a new dynamic to almost everything at the club.

A new team of wonderful signings, that would spark some life and excitement back on to the terraces.
Failed!! It was one of the drabbest and dullest games and atmospheres in a long time.

A manager with an ambition on par of the Owners, to set up a team that would play exciting football and propel us towards promotion, or at the very least the playoffs.
With 3 points from 12 we sit 3rd bottom.

A new club shop was meant to be finished.
Failed (miserably) - we must have hired the slowest, sh@test building firm in living history.

Some new food choices in the ground to tempt those of us heading to the club straight from work.
Failed (miserably) - same old julie's burgers, stale pot noodles and cardboard chips.

Perhaps a change to the matchday hospitality menu?
Failed - same old, same old overcharged crappy carvery.

How about a new selection of drinks in the clubhouse or even a drinks promo or two?
Nope - dont be silly .... failed! I was literally at the bar for 2 minutes before a bloke came up to change his pint of flat carling.

A new commercial guy. OK, hes only been in the job a couple of weeks or so & happy to see what he comes up with, but what the hell have we been doing all summer?
Virtually no PR.
And what smacked me last night was how bare the ground was of advertising boards. There was a time that the whole back of the carling stand was filled up and also behind the goal. Now, both areas are almost completely empty of any advertising/sponsorship whatsoever.

Even the slightly slicker looking programme contained notes from Taylor having his 1st pop at supporters who had previously dared to voice any concerns.

So yeah, if Peter & Craig are being made to believe that the club continues to be run effectively, they should know they are being sold a pup!

I was SO excited to be returning to the ground last night after a very long summer without any football, but by 9.30pm, my only feeling was that the old place had a feel of being completely on its arse, in virtually every respect.
All very demoralising tbh!
I really think that the Woking match was a huge blow. The clubhouse seemed noticeably busier, smiles on faces for what should have been an ideal opening match. And then 7 minutes in the negativity is back.

I think that the owners deserve more credit than presuming they just hear from Thommo and nothing else, all the matches are filmed, I imagine they're sent over the Pond (digitally).