Agenda against Taylor

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Shroud_of_hope

Auntie Merge wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:40 am It doesn’t feel like that at all and on Tuesday I questioned myself as to why I was there. I’m in two minds for tomorrow. The only reason I am still coming is habit.If I had a better offer like tea and cakes, I’d be there instead.
(wait for someone to question my commitment)
I don’t fancy it tomorrow either Merge, which is a shame as my 9 year old is just getting into it. Will cost me quite a bit when you add up train,bus fare, ticket price, foot etc.

Can’t even have an option about the manager either otherwise you will be tarred with the agenda brush. Perhaps I will change my mind and go but at this moment in time I just can’t be bothered.
DevonDagger

stanton101 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:28 am
DevonDagger wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:48 pm Peter, if you can win us the next 10 games on the spin I can assure you those with an agenda will bother you considerably less.
You've been at the harpic Devon. 10 on the spin, Christ, we'll be lucky to pick up 10 points, let alone 30.
:lol: yeah I will eat my hat if we win 3 on the spin at the moment nevermind 10! Point was though if the results turn I’m sure the ‘agenda’ brigade wouldn’t be so vociferous.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:24 am I do think there are a handful in our crowd for whom Taylor will always be wrong.
Sadly he's proving them right now. He claims we've played well in 3 of the four games so far, really? I approached the season with a clean slate but already he is undone that with his tactics/selections, given that we've not played a side you would expect to be up there it is worrying.
Mark

I don't disagree too much DTD. I would say tho that the line between winning and losing can be quite fine. Any away result in this league is a good one and we should still have taken 4 from a possible 6 on the road. I can see why he said we've played well in those games. Home form is a big worry.
stanton101

You've been at the harpic Devon. 10 on the spin, Christ, we'll be lucky to pick up 10 points, let alone 30.
[/quote]

:lol: yeah I will eat my hat if we win 3 on the spin at the moment nevermind 10! Point was though if the results turn I’m sure the ‘agenda’ brigade wouldn’t be so vociferous.
[/quote]

I got your point Devon and you're right. A run of games and alls well as they say. But the thing is with Taylor, is he comes across as a dictator with an attitude that suggests it's his way or no way, despite the results. And that's fine, he is the man in charge, but we have been so poor at home and well beaten by teams we would expect to beat. Fans whilst being disappointed at a loss can take it if we've been unlucky, and had a go etc but there's been none of that in our opening home matches. For me he is simply out of touch with the modern game, as was John Still, their tried and tested methods that worked years ago, simply don't work anymore, they've been found out.
I hope he proves us all wrong, but his team suggests otherwise. His signings at the moment are at best mediocre and that shouldn't be the case, they've had a full pre season and plenty of time to get to know each other and the manager should know them inside out by now. But he seems as lost as his players do.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:42 pm I don't disagree too much DTD. I would say tho that the line between winning and losing can be quite fine. Any away result in this league is a good one and we should still have taken 4 from a possible 6 on the road. I can see why he said we've played well in those games. Home form is a big worry.
Yeah it is a huge worry and the reason we went under with Burnett. We didn't deserve anything at Halifax, despite the obvious miss it was terrible and Justham made 2-3 saves.
ARNU

It’s on here , I stuck up for him a lot last season, thought he was brave taking the job on and feel he overachieved if anything. But this season it’s been painful watching so far and his tactics and team selection demonstrably have been vridiculous and ineffective. I want him to do well but I can’t stand a moany whinging manager when they get a bit of stick not being able to take it. Burnett turned on the fans , there ain’t that many of us. Get some results you moany tnuc and I’m sure we’ll all cheer up.

I think if quigley starts it’ll just be to spite us and will indicate Taylor’s disdain for us rather than any great management skill.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

Funny how his relationships also broke down with Gills, Bradford and Stevenage supporters prior to leaving as well.....
NickMurphy

I’ve posted elsewhere about my thoughts on Taylor but touching on something DTD said, I know a few people not bothering without tomorrow either. Again, this isn’t about anyone being reactionary towards three defeats in four, we’ve had worse or similar starts in the past and that hasn’t stopped those same people from coming over for what is only the third home game of the season.

It’s the manner of the decisions being made and the players he’s chosen to sign. Oh and the fact we’ve won three home matches since Boxing Day doesn’t help either. I’d struggle to name you more than two or three home games under Taylor where we’ve shown plenty going forward and dominated the match. Obviously that’s in part due to where we were financially at the start of last season. But since we’ve had a few quid and signed the likes of Wilko it’s only really the Havant & Waterlooville 3-0 that springs to mind as a brilliant home performance that supporters want to see. And therein lies the problem.
Lcbdagger

Been covered on here, but really says it all when even ST holders are suggesting they will give games a miss because of the tactics and performances in August... really can't see a way out of this... certainly not one starting tomorrow... 0 points from 3 Home games really can't be defended on any level for a team with even top half aspirations

We know how we traditionally get on playing a side with a massive, strong centre forward
RM1Dagger

Shroud_of_hope wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:13 am
Auntie Merge wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:40 am It doesn’t feel like that at all and on Tuesday I questioned myself as to why I was there. I’m in two minds for tomorrow. The only reason I am still coming is habit.If I had a better offer like tea and cakes, I’d be there instead.
(wait for someone to question my commitment)
I don’t fancy it tomorrow either Merge, which is a shame as my 9 year old is just getting into it. Will cost me quite a bit when you add up train,bus fare, ticket price, foot etc.

Can’t even have an option about the manager either otherwise you will be tarred with the agenda brush. Perhaps I will change my mind and go but at this moment in time I just can’t be bothered.
And there's your reason only a 1000 can be bothered to turn up folks!
Now the SE27 Dagger
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sorry to be pedantic but when every fan counts it was less then a 1000. That remember is in August God knows what it will be like on a cold Tuesday night when its pissing down.

Whatever his views it is clear the message has got home as that was a much better watch this afternoon