Worst ever dagger

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

HogansHeros wrote:Doesnt exoudous geohagon and ahmed abdulla get in somewhere
Both been mentioned?
TommyD&R

redboy wrote:I honestly don't get much pleasure from caning our own players, but it's scary to think that by the time this thread is done, we could probably come up with two teams that would battle out a 0-0 draw over about a fortnight without a shot on target.
Sounds like a good idea!

Miles (cant put dave in)

Geohaghan
Ifil
Day

Pack
Scannell
Spiller
Abdullah
Tomlin

Reed
Morgan

The worst thing is 7 of this 11 played in the promotion or league 1 season!
TommyD&R

Also if bas didnt have red and blue hair and didnt do the moonwalk he'd probably get a mention
Richie

TommyD&R wrote:
redboy wrote:I honestly don't get much pleasure from caning our own players, but it's scary to think that by the time this thread is done, we could probably come up with two teams that would battle out a 0-0 draw over about a fortnight without a shot on target.
Sounds like a good idea!

Miles (cant put dave in)

Geohaghan
Ifil
Day

Pack
Scannell
Spiller
Abdullah
Tomlin

Reed
Morgan

Pack deserves to be nowhere near this team. Started slow but was good once he settled. Wearen from West Ham was also poor in CM
TommyD&R

Richie wrote:
TommyD&R wrote:
Sounds like a good idea!

Miles (cant put dave in)

Geohaghan
Ifil
Day

Pack
Scannell
Spiller
Abdullah
Tomlin

Reed
Morgan

Pack deserves to be nowhere near this team. Started slow but was good once he settled. Wearen from West Ham was also poor in CM
I know what you mean but he had 20 games and he was poor for the majority. Fair play to him though, hes done really well since
Adrian

Pack wasn't poor for the majority of his games for us at all.

These threads are largely ridiculous. Picking kids that played 2, 3, 4 or 5 games as short term measures when nothing else was available as the worst players is just daft.

There are much worse than most of those that have played for us.
TommyD&R

Adrian wrote:Pack wasn't poor for the majority of his games for us at all.

These threads are largely ridiculous. Picking kids that played 2, 3, 4 or 5 games as short term measures when nothing else was available as the worst players is just daft.

Its all opinion. Sorry if I've upset you :cry:
dagger4eva

You could always get involved and tell us which player(s) u think should make the worst of all time list.... just a thought dear sir
steeevooo

Pack started slowly, but no way does he deserve to be anywhere near classed as the "Worst ever Dagger". Eoin Wearen is a good shout though - sounded like a Gaelic footballer and looked more like one too. Also, how about the Olympic gold medallist, World Cup selected goalkeeper that we had....
dagger4eva

Oooooo Abi Baruwa.

Best known by me for always letting me n my pals into Circus Tavern for free!!! :D

Dont recall him making many 1st team appearances at all though!?
NickMurphy

Rob Edmans has been criminally under mentioned in this thread. Threatened to look half decent in a cameo against Millwall, and then fluffed a brilliant chance away at Wimbledon about two months later.

Wasn't a massive fan of Kayleden Brown either. Or Miles....or Sharriff....and did Tom Kilbey even play?
Mark

I thought Kayleden Brown was alright. Career gone hugely downhill due to injury though.

If we're talking players who played regularly, Chris Piper is right up there for me. Played every week and was absolutely garbage.

Sam Bass anyone?
Adrian

dagger4eva wrote:

You could always get involved and tell us which player(s) u think should make the worst of all time list.... just a thought dear sir
a) Been there, done that in the past
b) For all that some of the players I'd pick would mean to quite a lot of our supporters now, I might as well just used a random name generator.
c) Picking worst players is nearly always skewed by memory of one bad game i.e. Jamie Day always gets mentioned, but in reality had a terrible game on his debut (where several of his teammates were also pretty poor), and then played 7 games which no-one really remembers

The sort of players I think I've mentioned previously would include:
Lee Wilson - striker who managed 1 goal in 32 games
Danny Hazle - striker that arrived with a good reputation and managed 2 goals in 19 games
Robbie Gammons - very difficult to describe
Mitchell Springett - seen as a decent acquisition, but was terrible

Honorable mention goes to:
James Ayres - so poor on his debut that he was subbed at half-time and never seen again
Masked Man

'Worst'? Dunno. But definately Biggest Under Achiever for me was Leon Braithwaite. Came from, I think, Margate with a fierce goal scoring reputation, and pretty much done absolutely nothing. Alex Meechan had only half the chances of Braithwaite and was shipped out, but Hill continued to play Leon...
matt_drfc

Masked Man wrote:'Worst'? Dunno. But definately Biggest Under Achiever for me was Leon Braithwaite. Came from, I think, Margate with a fierce goal scoring reputation, and pretty much done absolutely nothing. Alex Meechan had only half the chances of Braithwaite and was shipped out, but Hill continued to play Leon...
I never actually knew Braithwaite played for us, remember him playing against us though.