Harrogate Home

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Pondfield Dagger
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Harrogate Home

Post by Pondfield Dagger » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:53 pm

Dag & Red
1Justham
7McQueen
2Wright
8Brundle
5Croll
6Clark
17Wood
16Phipps
19Luque
9Kandi
10Balanta
Substitutes
3Gordon
12Robinson
14Grant
15Quigley
20Dobson


yeah i go with, except wright shouldn't be starting for me. takes a corner goes out for throw, takes corner two mins later opposite side goes straight for throw again.

the ex watford player starts all day for me, he is not even on the bench must be injured?


mcqueen- against his favourite team, scored 2 against them last year, more of the same please

User avatar
Dagger83
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Re: Harrogate Home

Post by Dagger83 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:00 pm

Scored 4 and beat a fancied team. Taylor in?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Daggerman
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:07 am

Re: Harrogate Home

Post by Daggerman » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:34 pm

I thought Wright had a decent game today, a few stray passes but no more than many others, Brundle still hasn’t convinced me as to why we bought him in!
Ballanta man of the match yes but Phipps was also very good today. We still look as dodgy as a £3 note defending corners.

SUSSEX DAGGER
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:47 am

Re: Harrogate Home

Post by SUSSEX DAGGER » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:44 pm

Two dreadful defences one looked better when the Manager was forced into a change. Wood was woefull how he started ahead of Gordon is beyond my comprehension.
Never been Mcqueens biggest fan but he played very well. Balanta and their four were the best players on the pitch.

For all our problems at the back looked far far better going forward but our more attacking policy got its rewards.

Very disappointed with Harrogate expected much much more and looked a pale of the team I saw last March.

Good result ,just what we needed but still big doubts in my mind about this defence

User avatar
ARNU
Posts: 3354
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: Harrogate Home

Post by ARNU » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:45 pm

Much better. Better selection except I’d start Gordon at left back. Kandi was immense today and should be a starter over quigley. Our defence ain’t good enough though but as long as we score more than we concede it’ll have to do for now. Balanta easily motm with that hat trick 😂
Be alert, the world needs more lerts!

Alan
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: Harrogate Home

Post by Alan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:46 pm

Some terrible defending by both sides. Officials were appalling.

Balanta put in a shift today, was excellent winning the ball back and using it intelligently.

Blackie645
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:29 am

Re: Harrogate Home

Post by Blackie645 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:52 pm

Only a 1,000 there today not good.

Diggerthedog
Posts: 2877
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Harrogate Home

Post by Diggerthedog » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:55 pm

Funny what happens when you pick a positive line up, Harry Phipps has been sorely missed I have no idea where he has been but to play so well after such a long absence is great to see.

Great result, long may it continue.

RM1Dagger
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:40 am

Re: Harrogate Home

Post by RM1Dagger » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:25 pm

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:44 pm
Two dreadful defences one looked better when the Manager was forced into a change. Wood was woefull how he started ahead of Gordon is beyond my comprehension.
Never been Mcqueens biggest fan but he played very well. Balanta and their four were the best players on the pitch.

For all our problems at the back looked far far better going forward but our more attacking policy got its rewards.

Very disappointed with Harrogate expected much much more and looked a pale of the team I saw last March.

Good result ,just what we needed but still big doubts in my mind about this defence
Wood woeful? I thought he played pretty well for his first outting as did everyone around me (hence his terrific reception when going off)

User avatar
Sagres
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Re: Harrogate Home

Post by Sagres » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:58 pm

RM1Dagger wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:25 pm
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:44 pm
Two dreadful defences one looked better when the Manager was forced into a change. Wood was woefull how he started ahead of Gordon is beyond my comprehension.
Never been Mcqueens biggest fan but he played very well. Balanta and their four were the best players on the pitch.

For all our problems at the back looked far far better going forward but our more attacking policy got its rewards.

Very disappointed with Harrogate expected much much more and looked a pale of the team I saw last March.

Good result ,just what we needed but still big doubts in my mind about this defence
Wood woeful? I thought he played pretty well for his first outting as did everyone around me (hence his terrific reception when going off)
I think you will find the applause was more for Liam Gordon coming on.
We were still shaky at the back but much better going forward today, let’s see what next week brings.

RM1Dagger
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:40 am

Re: Harrogate Home

Post by RM1Dagger » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:03 pm

Sagres wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:58 pm
RM1Dagger wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:25 pm
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:44 pm
Two dreadful defences one looked better when the Manager was forced into a change. Wood was woefull how he started ahead of Gordon is beyond my comprehension.
Never been Mcqueens biggest fan but he played very well. Balanta and their four were the best players on the pitch.

For all our problems at the back looked far far better going forward but our more attacking policy got its rewards.

Very disappointed with Harrogate expected much much more and looked a pale of the team I saw last March.

Good result ,just what we needed but still big doubts in my mind about this defence
Wood woeful? I thought he played pretty well for his first outting as did everyone around me (hence his terrific reception when going off)
I think you will find the applause was more for Liam Gordon coming on.
We were still shaky at the back but much better today let’s see what next week brings.
And I'll think you'll find I was talking about when he was walking around the pitch and out down the tunnel. Notable appreciation from behind the goal.

We had our moments at the back but Harrogate are very decent going forward.

CharlieC
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:04 am

Re: Harrogate Home

Post by CharlieC » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:34 pm

Gordon should be ahead of Wood in the pecking order for sure, but I thought Wood played okay today, had a few shaky moments but wasn’t woeful.

Once we addressed the overload on our left hand side in the second half by taking Luque off and putting McQueen there, we seemed relatively comfortable. He’s come in for a lot of stick but a positive and effective sub to bring Grant on for Luque from Taylor.

We did look poor defensively, but I think we adapted relatively well to their threat as the game went on, which is a positive sign. Hopefully Manny isn’t far away from full fitness as we do miss his presence at the back.

Please please PT stick with the same team (apart from perhaps Gordon in for Wood) for the Eastleigh game, despite us having a game the following Monday. The front four in particular were excellent today, and Phipps was good in the air and made some brilliant tackles.

User avatar
Auntie Merge
Posts: 1685
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: Harrogate Home

Post by Auntie Merge » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:50 pm

Something very unusual happened today.
From the 58th minute onwards Terry Harris and PT were talking. They had only spoken at one other point prior to this, when our first goal went in. Usually they do not talk at all during home games. PT stands at one end of the dugout with his arms folded, Terry at the other end, with no contact or signals between the two.

Daggerfrom70s
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Re: Harrogate Home

Post by Daggerfrom70s » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:02 pm

Perhaps they dont agree on the way they are playing?

Dagdale
Posts: 906
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:33 pm

Re: Harrogate Home

Post by Dagdale » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:15 pm

Well pleased with that considering we went down a goal twice and quite easily could have won it with 6 goals, always rated Harry Phipps when we had that good spell before Xmas last year he was IMO the backbone of the side, and I too am noticing how Will Wright has moved up a gear very well, all in all a good entertaining game to watch and like to say fair play to Harrogate they really kept trying to come back in it till the very end. Just hope this game sets the daggers up well for the two Bank holiday games.

Post Reply