Harrogate Home

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
lupins

Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:50 pm Something very unusual happened today.
From the 58th minute onwards Terry Harris and PT were talking. They had only spoken at one other point prior to this, when our first goal went in. Usually they do not talk at all during home games. PT stands at one end of the dugout with his arms folded, Terry at the other end, with no contact or signals between the two.
So in other words they do pretty much what most other management teams do in the technical area. Good to know
SUSSEX DAGGER

Wood woeful? I thought he played pretty well for his first outting as did everyone around me (hence his terrific reception when going off)
[/quote]

Well perhaps my opinion was what I saw in the first half hour . In that time he had already headed the ball straight back into the middle of our Penalty area , got completely done for the second goal as he was when Justham got something on that
the ball that went over when it looked certain they were in for a third.
They seem.to target the left hand side and we looked vunerable until Gordon came on.
As somebody commented Mcqueen , who I have been luke warm.about,certainly did put in a shift and perhaps offered a bit more protection and gave Gordon a bit more then Wood was getting.Thought we looked far more comfortable when that change was made .
As for another player I have been luke warm about , Will Wright who looked a lot better in that role and not for the first time. Surely that now has to be his posistion.

Can somebody help me out, what was the reason for our disallowed goal being ruled out?
ARNU

Lino kept flag down, possibly handball Sussex.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Sagres

McQueen was adjudged to have handled the ball.
speedy

The reason the goal was disallowed was for handball against McQueen. Quite clear from the Carling Stand.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Thanks chaps . Seemed to take an age for it to be ruled out and as Lino kept his,flag down as Arnu said.
DaggerJoel11

Really pleased with what I saw yesterday and although we were far from composed in defence, at times it looked as if we were capable of scoring every time we surged forwards. There was pace, purpose and urgency all over the pitch, with Kandi and Balanta in particular looking really dangerous. Not a single player didn't look impressive and to be fair Taylor set up very effectively. The substitution where Grant came on for Luque, especially when we were winning, paid dividends at a time where most in the ground would expect us to have brought an extra defender on.

Onwards and upwards, those dreadful three scoreless losses certainly aren't forgotten but let's hope there are more displays like yesterday in the coming weeks.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

Well, decided to go at the last minute and I’m so glad I went. Left as one happy Dagger! Everyone was so much better, arguably aside from our centre halves who had some issues in the first half that need work on.

Phipps has to start more often. Wright had his best Dagenham performance by a mile off and he deserved to be awarded that penalty. Wood was decent and it was nice having someone who seemed to bring real aggression into the team, hope his injury isn’t bad. Angelo Balanta is just the most naturally gifted footballer that has ever graced the national league, i swear he has glue on his boots. 1000 other compliments to be paid to our team and they should all be proud of themselves for the grit they showed.

We proved you don’t need big target men like that Beck who was useless, our pace was just too much for them and we need to realise this is a real advantage that we have. So many teams go for the big lump approach in defence and if we keep it on the ground playing these fast through balls you’ve got to fancy our chances against anyone.

Final note is a sour one. That ref was absolutely useless, abysmal. Looked like Taylor was going to run on the pitch and twat him at one point. Two clear penalties denied for us, the booking to Luque was farcical. McQueen did handball it but there was another handball similar to that a couple of minutes before by Halifax. But as it wasn’t an important phase of play he doesn’t feel the need to give it. Is it too hard to just ask for some consistency?
BB-Dagger

According to the new rule bought in this season if a player handballs and it leads to a goal then it has to be disallowed, if it’s a defender who accidentally handballs it play continues, accidental handball at any time during a game that doesn’t lead to a goal is treated as accidental and play continues. All information gathered from MOTD discussing the Man City goal disallowed yesterday.
Basically the new rule is bollocks
Auntie Merge

lupins wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:38 pm
Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:50 pm Something very unusual happened today.
From the 58th minute onwards Terry Harris and PT were talking. They had only spoken at one other point prior to this, when our first goal went in. Usually they do not talk at all during home games. PT stands at one end of the dugout with his arms folded, Terry at the other end, with no contact or signals between the two.
So in other words they do pretty much what most other management teams do in the technical area. Good to know
I’ve sat behind the home dugout for 20 years now. In all the different management teams I have seen (including the time when it was used by away teams), I have never seen someone have so little communication with his co-coaches as Peter Taylor. Usually there is zero communication between him and Terry Harris (and others). Nothing whatsoever.
This is why yesterday was unusual.
DaggerJoel11

For those interested, here is my match report from yesterday's victory:
https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... ate-town-2
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagdale

On regards about the referee anybody know why Mitch Brundle got a yellow? All around me it mystified us all unless he said something to him from a distance? No wonder he was up in arms?
ARNU

Think I can help you with that one too. It looked to me like the ref made a gesture suggesting brundle was mouthy to him so I reckon it was for descent.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Cheers Arnu, thought it could only have been that, shame really cause when he levelled it with that great header bang right in front of us (TBS) did he really enjoy that!
rebeldagger

Obviously a better performance yesterday from the team, and like others have said, pleased with Phipps and was happy to see McQueen, Gordon and Kandi back come back into the fold