Rhys Murphy

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
len

The manager changed the system with the introduction of some width in the second half and it was a good performance with a great finish. Seven points in the last nine days is very encouraging and all in all a great day.
stanton101

Worrying thing for me is our inability to keep a clean sheet. We're certainly not going to outscore teams every week.
Lcbdagger

Hats off Quigley... will be the first to admit I thought he would nick a goal when we were 3 up in a game but, after Halifax I never saw him scoring the important goal, under pressure when we at 1-1 or one behind late on in a game

Everything needed to be said has been said about the Keeper...
RayleighDagger1986

len wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:14 pm The manager changed the system with the introduction of some width in the second half and it was a good performance with a great finish. Seven points in the last nine days is very encouraging and all in all a great day.
The system he changed too went from defence to attack minded formation. Why start games at home with 3 centre halves and two wing backs!

Luque and Dobson played more more forward as wingers and took the game to Yeovil. They should have started IMO
Dagger Steve

stanton101 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:37 pm Worrying thing for me is our inability to keep a clean sheet. We're certainly not going to outscore teams every week.
Are we not? Maybe we will, we have some exciting attacking players.

I'm all for the Keegan methodology of "as long as score one more than them, it's all good."

Certainly more exciting isn't it.
VIEW FROM THE STAND

Indeed -The WB way me thinks!
"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"
DaggerJoel11

After the way the first-half unfolded I wouldn't have expected many more shots let alone three goals! Luque and Dobson made all the difference but a huge well done to Quigley yesterday. Although both goals were straightforward chances he did well to finish with composure in pressure situations.

We weren't great and were fortunate not to have lost to be fair. I can't think of too many chances we had that didn't go in whereas for Yeovil I can remember five or six promising openings. 7 points out of 9 though indicates we're doing something right and I just hope Taylor abandons trying to play a 5-3-2 in the future. The team he started with yesterday wouldn't have got anything out of the game but the one that finished the game seems capable of scoring at will.

11th in the league is much better! Taylor has done things right the last couple of weeks (even if it's not inconceivable that he keeps the same starting XI for Chesterfield) and long may that continue!

Here's my match report from the game for those interested: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... vil-town-2
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''