Rhys Murphy

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
A S dagger97

Who was it on here that said he couldn't head the ball?
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
dj johnny b

Surely a hat eating scenario?
Having not been present I'd genuinely like to read Quigleyworth questionners comments too.
Alan

Murphy was superb, Justham made three excellent saves and should have got man of the match - how Brundle got it is beyond me.

Quigley started poorly, but the first goal gave him a lift and he grew in confidence and played much better afterwards.
lupins

Quigley made an impact at Eastleigh so deserved to start. If we play to his strengths he will improve given a run of games.
Save by Justham was outstanding
Diggerthedog

Very good player had at least 4 shots on target and was kept out by Justham, still can’t last 90 mins though.

Once again the manager got the starting line up wrong, this is very worrying. Luque needs to start every game if fit he offers so much more than Graham. Glad to get the win and off to chesterfield next who are struggling big time, need to go a goal up and their fans will turn.
ARNU

Same old Murphy though wasn’t it, constantly running offside and moaning at the ref. Ball hitting him in the head ain’t the same as a header lol!

Quigley needed that , I think he had a great game today and if any of my criticisms got him to pull his finger out I’ll take it. Yes a good solid performance, Christ only knows how brundle gets man of the match. Why is Taylor leaving out luque all the time ? He changed the game. Robo put in a great shift too.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
lupins

Luque has obvious quality but needs to show it for 90 min and do the defensive side. If he cracks that we have a very good plsyer
Sagres

Substitutions changed the game - Justham should have got man of the match no question.
dagger4eva

What a contrast between the two halves.

1st half, drab, boring, no atmosphe & completely forgetable.

2nd half - wow!

It looked like it would be another afternoon of complete doom and gloom going behind after what, just 30 seconds, but in truth that appeared to do nothing more than to jee us on.
Luque coming on was clearly a huge factor too in being able to turn it around.
We started to play with a lot more urgency, some real neat play, took our chances well and fair play to Quigley for a really fab header for the equaliser and then to still have something in the tank to nip in after a couple ricochets to stick in the winner.
He already has double the goals Mullins had so thats gotta be a big positive too :)

With ALL that said - motm has to have gone to Justham. At least 3 miraculous saves. Without him we almost certainly wouldve lost the game.

4 points from 6 over the bank holiday is a very decent return and we can now look forward to a tough game away to Chesterfield.
ThatRoundThing

I was in Hospitality today and heard the match sponsors discussing who to award MOM. Elliot was mentioned but the MOM was chosen I believe before Justham’s world class saves and before the late winner.
They thought Brundle had put in a slightly higher effort than the other players. A few other players names were bandied about and so Brundle only just made 1st choice.
Mark

Defence is still a big worry, especially when we abandon the 5 and open the game up. Thankfully our forwards have been able to outscore the opposition last couple of home games, with Justham keeping us in it. Brundle did get on the ball a lot but also gave it away quite a lot.

I think we need to find a way to make 442 work, probably Gordon at left back and Wright at right back.

Delighted for Quigley. I think he's shown glimpses so far and today he really did well. First half he held the ball up well and in the second he added 2 good finishes and plenty of aerial duals won. And he cleared a couple of corners.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Was hoping we would have gone in for him as he is the goal scorer we crave.

Did not go today as frankly after Saturday tedious 2nd half display could not be bothered.

10 Points and from 5 games I have seen half of them have been won by the Goalkeeper which is very worrying but confirms what I thought that was the best bit of business done all summer.

Pleased that Quigley has got going but out of Murphy or him.who doing you really see scoring the most goals this season ?
lupins

Pointless comparison as they are totally different players in style and are in their respective teams to do different things
But an immediate comparison says Murphy missed the chance to nab the winner Quigley didnt
BB-Dagger

Firstly whoever started this thread should change the title, who gives a toss about murphy he’s just another “never was”

As far as the game goes I thought our defence looks as shaky as ever, a good three points but it’s only papering over the cracks that will certainly appear over the coming months, Luque looked great when he came on and he must be a starter next week, chuffed to bits that Quigley got off the mark, hopefully spur (sorry shouldn’t use that word) him on for the next game. Man of the match... how the f#k did Justham not win that? Brundel was average at best, two or three were better than him I’m my humble opinion.
COYD
DagenHammer87

He was constantly gobbing off today - the referee didn't seem to have much about him when telling him to go away.

I thought Quigley should have been MOTM today, he's come under some fire and hopefully that brace will give him some confidence to go on a bit of a run.

Justham's saves were brilliant, but I thought that he was quite static in the second half at some of the crosses and particularly at the corners. Without him, Yeovil could have been out of sight, even though I have to say they didn't look like a former EFL team and seemed to set up and approach the game like you'd expect a conference team to go about things. The referee was to blame for their time-wasting, but thankfully they did just enough to give us enough time to put them away.

The back looks like a good bunch of individuals, but still lack that gelling. The second goal was completely avoidable by someone dealing with the second ball. Some great football at the back in parts though, some very good possession based play making Yeovil chase the ball in the heat.

What concerned me a bit was the two in the middle today. With the ball, Robinson and Brundle played some really good bits, but there were spells when McQueen had tucked in and a big space was left around the centre circle when we were out of possession. Probably nit-picking there when alls said and done; but the better teams will spot that gap and quickly fill it with someone who will find the spaces for them killer passes with so much space around them.

I thought we were unlucky to go in level at the break and there were some really decent spells of possession and the team looked quite fluid. Defence seemed better in the first half, but perhaps that's because there wasn't much for them in long periods.

Very happy with that 3 points.