Missed chance to increase home crowd.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:48 am
Daggernewbie wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:30 am Looking at the replies we will never know if it would have increased the crowd or not but how hard is it for our club to try it and see how it turns out. There are going to be other weekends and now that the Premier league have a two week break over Xmas what`s holding them back trying it then. Orient made it work so why can`t we.
1. We aren't Orient. They are a much bigger club than us, solid Football League history for the last 100 years with a brief drop into non-league. We are pretty much the exact opposite.

2. The Premier League winter break is in February, not over Christmas, and its not a break as such, every club will get a free weekend but its staggered over two weeks.

3. Dropping prices alone won't get more people in as has been proved time and time again. The best way to increase our gates is results like yesterday.

Otherwise, spot on.
1 :- Fair enough Orient are a bigger club does that really matter Mike our club has to try these things.
2 :- I got the time wrong even then they can still try it.
3 :- Okay i get your point but if we are playing well why not entice more floating supporters on the days the Premier league are not playing by offering the discount that might just tempt them to show up.
hockley dagger

Dagger Steve wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:03 pm
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:21 pm Yesterday was the 4th home game in 23 days.

The biggest gates were the first two home games , the second of which I saw people in a que to get out.

Luckily Saturdays diabolical second half was away from home and the only people that may have persuaded to stay away yesterday was the small number in attendance.

Out of our party of four at Eastleigh none of us went yesterday, I was due to work but the other three gave it a miss simply because there comes a time when you have to justify the time and money you are spending on it .

One of our party has been to four games this season and each time he has seen us serve up such utter tripe that Saturday second half showing was the reason why he was giving yesterday a miss.

He is also still smarting that after spending a fortune to support the team at Halifax the Manager dared to take up 3/4 of his following games match day notes having a dig at the most loyalist supporters this Club has because they dared to challenge him over his tatics.

Despite thinking I was going to have to work the previous evening I was informed I could have the day off. We were due to have my Partners Grandchildren but instead of going to football we took them to Epsom races.

There the kids were not charged a penny to enter.

There was plenty of avtivities for them to enjoy between the races.

The food was of much superior quality if a bit more exspensive.

Like my Son who made the decision at Eastleigh not to come yesterday there is a point when you have to justify the exspense Frankly after attending 5 games already In less then a month and 75% of that time watching such utter garbage that decision was fairly easy

Gutted. You missed a cracker mate.
Well the first half was dull - a lot of huff and bit of puff from both sides. A bit like the Woking and Halifax games. Second half they score, too easily from where I was standing. The manager changes things, chances at both ends and my take was that the goalkeeper was the difference. He made at least three high quality saves. So it was a bit of a rewind of the Harrogate game, second half. There are still defensive faults and when we run at defences we create things. So an entertaining second half and well done to Quigley.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Gutted. You missed a cracker mate.
[/quote]

Sounds like I did . Sounds like we have decided to be at least more attack minded at home, well thats the impression of the last two games.
SUSSEX DAGGER

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:54 pm Gutted. You missed a cracker mate.
Sounds like I did . Sounds like we have decided to be at least more attack minded at home, well thats the impression of the last two games.
Question is when did it become a cracker from another wasted opportunity for the two additional points. Doubt it was when they equalised after we had just scored to take the lead. My guess it was when the ball hit the net deep into injury time.

[/quote]
Dagger Steve

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:38 pm
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:54 pm Gutted. You missed a cracker mate.
Question is when did it become a cracker from another wasted opportunity for the two additional points. Doubt it was when they equalised after we had just scored to take the lead. My guess it was when the ball hit the net deep into injury time.
[/quote]

Absolutely. That was the final ingredient that tipped it into cracker status. Blinding.