Missed chance to increase home crowd.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Yet again the club missed a chance to increase the crowd at home.There where no Premier or ELF games today, so why didn`t the club offer the season ticket holders of those not playing a tenner discount just to come along and watch the game today you never know might have gained a few more supporters when their teams are not playing. Orient used to do and it paid off for them with increased gates on these days.
ARNU

Sorry to split hairs but that was 400 up on the last game. 40% increase.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NBDag

Time and time again offering one off discounts doesn’t really bring that many in. The best thing we can do is win every match we have and make noise about it, unless we want to drastically change our pricing of tickets on the gate.

We had 200 additional home fans from last week, we won, and the game was entertaining. Enjoy yourself for once.
BB-Dagger

Bank holiday weekend with sunshine, some local park shows and family entertainment, neutrals aren’t going to go to a football match in all fairness are they? When the weather starts to turn is when we should lure them in.
Diggerthedog

There is an offer for the next game, can’t have offers every game or what would be the point of getting a season ticket? Why should fans of other clubs get in cheaper than our regulars? Never understood that. Should just do a £10 game for all.
RayleighDagger1986

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:45 pm There is an offer for the next game, can’t have offers every game or what would be the point of getting a season ticket? Why should fans of other clubs get in cheaper than our regulars? Never understood that. Should just do a £10 game for all.
That offer should have been available today, not on a Wednesday night.
dagger4eva

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:33 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:45 pm There is an offer for the next game, can’t have offers every game or what would be the point of getting a season ticket? Why should fans of other clubs get in cheaper than our regulars? Never understood that. Should just do a £10 game for all.
That offer should have been available today, not on a Wednesday night.
Do actually agree with this.
Diggerthedog

Don’t really agree but can see the point, the £5 dies stop people watching at home on TV. Today there was no reason to have cheap tickets those that wanted to see the match had no excuses of Prem games etc to not attend.

We had an extra 200 on the gate (home fans) which is where we’re at normally so no harm done.

In any case of all the deals with had over all the years it’s done nothing to increase our hardcore fans base, only a winning team can change that.
Daggernewbie

Looking at the replies we will never know if it would have increased the crowd or not but how hard is it for our club to try it and see how it turns out. There are going to be other weekends and now that the Premier league have a two week break over Xmas what`s holding them back trying it then. Orient made it work so why can`t we.
Mike the Dagger

Daggernewbie wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:30 am Looking at the replies we will never know if it would have increased the crowd or not but how hard is it for our club to try it and see how it turns out. There are going to be other weekends and now that the Premier league have a two week break over Xmas what`s holding them back trying it then. Orient made it work so why can`t we.
1. We aren't Orient. They are a much bigger club than us, solid Football League history for the last 100 years with a brief drop into non-league. We are pretty much the exact opposite.

2. The Premier League winter break is in February, not over Christmas, and its not a break as such, every club will get a free weekend but its staggered over two weeks.

3. Dropping prices alone won't get more people in as has been proved time and time again. The best way to increase our gates is results like yesterday.

Otherwise, spot on.
Alan

I’d have run the promotion yesterday instead of Wednesday, but I guess they’re trying to get people onto the ground instead of watching the game live on BT Sport.

The matchday experience hasn’t really improved in the last year. The catering remains dreadful, the PA system inaudible, there’s nothing going on on the pitch at half time, there’s nothing to entice people into the bars before or after games.

Those things matter when you are trying to get new supporters to not just come once, but to come back.
NBDag

I think the logic behind offering it on Wednesday is because we will be on TV and seeing our ground busy and livelier than what it usually is might entice more locals that may be watching on BT to give us a go.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Yesterday was the 4th home game in 23 days.

The biggest gates were the first two home games , the second of which I saw people in a que to get out.

Luckily Saturdays diabolical second half was away from home and the only people that may have persuaded to stay away yesterday was the small number in attendance.

Out of our party of four at Eastleigh none of us went yesterday, I was due to work but the other three gave it a miss simply because there comes a time when you have to justify the time and money you are spending on it .

One of our party has been to four games this season and each time he has seen us serve up such utter tripe that Saturday second half showing was the reason why he was giving yesterday a miss.

He is also still smarting that after spending a fortune to support the team at Halifax the Manager dared to take up 3/4 of his following games match day notes having a dig at the most loyalist supporters this Club has because they dared to challenge him over his tatics.

Despite thinking I was going to have to work the previous evening I was informed I could have the day off. We were due to have my Partners Grandchildren but instead of going to football we took them to Epsom races.

There the kids were not charged a penny to enter.

There was plenty of avtivities for them to enjoy between the races.

The food was of much superior quality if a bit more exspensive.

Like my Son who made the decision at Eastleigh not to come yesterday there is a point when you have to justify the exspense Frankly after attending 5 games already In less then a month and 75% of that time watching such utter garbage that decision was fairly easy
Dagger Steve

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:21 pm Yesterday was the 4th home game in 23 days.

The biggest gates were the first two home games , the second of which I saw people in a que to get out.

Luckily Saturdays diabolical second half was away from home and the only people that may have persuaded to stay away yesterday was the small number in attendance.

Out of our party of four at Eastleigh none of us went yesterday, I was due to work but the other three gave it a miss simply because there comes a time when you have to justify the time and money you are spending on it .

One of our party has been to four games this season and each time he has seen us serve up such utter tripe that Saturday second half showing was the reason why he was giving yesterday a miss.

He is also still smarting that after spending a fortune to support the team at Halifax the Manager dared to take up 3/4 of his following games match day notes having a dig at the most loyalist supporters this Club has because they dared to challenge him over his tatics.

Despite thinking I was going to have to work the previous evening I was informed I could have the day off. We were due to have my Partners Grandchildren but instead of going to football we took them to Epsom races.

There the kids were not charged a penny to enter.

There was plenty of avtivities for them to enjoy between the races.

The food was of much superior quality if a bit more exspensive.

Like my Son who made the decision at Eastleigh not to come yesterday there is a point when you have to justify the exspense Frankly after attending 5 games already In less then a month and 75% of that time watching such utter garbage that decision was fairly easy

Gutted. You missed a cracker mate.