Maidenhead United (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

Phipps and Robinson both playing well recently. I'd stick with that pairing. Brundle has improved game by game but think the other two are better defensively and having Phipps gives us some much needed height.
NBDag

Have no idea where Odametey will fit into this squad when he’s back. Robinson, Phipps, and Brundle are all playing very well and dropping any of them is a harsh albeit inevitable move
len

It's a good position to be in when everyone's playing well but we also have players that can come in and do a good job if things start to slip.
leewilson

NBDag wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:15 pm Have no idea where Odametey will fit into this squad when he’s back. Robinson, Phipps, and Brundle are all playing very well and dropping any of them is a harsh albeit inevitable move
It's a good thing. CM should be a contested area and Phipps/Robinson have given the manager something to think about now. There will be injuries during the season so Odamatay will get his chance. He's clearly dynamite in the middle and will give us a different dimension; especially away from home when we'll need to battle on occasions.

If yesterday proved one thing, it's that Doug Loft should never have driven Phipps out of the team in the second half of last season. Out of all of PT's baffling decisions, I still can't get my head around what he must have been thinking there because it was clear as day to everybody else.
Diggerthedog

Saturday is the most dominant performance (except the lack of goals) I personally have seen in a very long time. Phipps does a brilliant job, very low key player but it’s no surprise with him in the team we pull out results consistently. Balanta should have had a 2 or 3 Saturday pretty much all created by himself, absolutey love watching this guy play.

With 4 players who you could easily be selected to play out injured or away on international duty we do have that strength in depth, but still lack up top.

I hear Wilkinson is having a bad time of it at Orient with fans getting on his back already, get him back on loan and let’s win this crap division.
dagger4eva

A brief search for Wilkinson on the Orient Forum returned the following comments about him:

"Wilko hasn’t shown anything."

"Rather have Harrold in than Wilkinson at this point, he might not last 90 mins but I think his hold up play is better."

"We need another striker for when Wilkinson ain’t at it, as has been the case for a few games."

"At present I'd bin Brill, Coulson, Clay and Wilkinson from the side"

"From what i have seen of Wilko so far, not even a good as OLD HARROLD !"

"Angol's had his chance in the starting 11 and I'm not too impressed by Wilkinson either"

"Dennis ain't a striker in my view, but it sucks balls that Wilkinson is in front of him. On that count I do think we were seduced by his hot streak at Dagenham, and the 'League 2 is no different from National ..."

"Clay and widowson decided to have their worse displays , and I honestly don’t see what Wilkinson adds."

"Wilkinson is clearly no Bonne."

"Wilkinson works hard but there is no there, he doesn't hold the ball up, the headers he wins are aimlessly, at one point he got outmuscled/positioned ..."

I agree dtd - if Peter/Craig are reading - lets get him back!!!! :grin: