Football Rumours

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

I know the website is mostly contributed to by complete clowns... but concerned that the latest Dagenham effort says we are about to sign Ruben Reid from Plymouth. No thanks Wayne.
matt_drfc

Lcbdagger wrote:I know the website is mostly contributed to by complete clowns... but concerned that the latest Dagenham effort says we are about to sign Ruben Reid from Plymouth. No thanks Wayne.
Where did you hear this? I'd take him if I'm honest
Dagdale

When we played down Home Park season just gone in November and lost 2-1 that guy looked really menacing to our defence, and if my memory corrects me think he scored a pretty good goal. We should have at least grabbed a point there, came away quite frustrated. I wouldn't mind him down Dagenham way.
Mark

They're just copying off Twitter like they always do.
Lcbdagger

All I remember of him from the Home game was a chorus from behind the Away dugout after 70 minutes of RUUUUBBBEEENNNNNNN at the amount of times John Sheridan has shouted at him throughout the match!
nomis

scored 21 goals for Plymouth last season

When did we last have a striker scoring 20 plus goals a season ?

Oh yeah ........Benno

I'm hoping this rumour is true as we badly need a striker who can put the ball in the back of the net
matt_drfc

I could see Murphy playing the #10 role if we got an out and out goalscorer..
OBD

matt_drfc wrote:I could see Murphy playing the #10 role if we got an out and out goalscorer..
I think Murphy is an out and out goalscorer, the only problem is he only really looks threatening once he is behind the last man. If anything we need someone with a little bit of intelligence to play the number 10 role, drop a little deeper and play the balls past the last defender for Murphy to get onto.
@OfficialBigDave
Masked Man

Well Well Well... All this talk of getting behind the last man and scoring goals is a bit different to how we were talking last year!!

But you're right, we do need a goal scorer. Once Murphy went off the boil after the Peterborough experience, we limped through the rest of the season looking only half the team who surprised us all so much in the first half of the season.
matt_drfc

OBD wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:I could see Murphy playing the #10 role if we got an out and out goalscorer..
I think Murphy is an out and out goalscorer, the only problem is he only really looks threatening once he is behind the last man. If anything we need someone with a little bit of intelligence to play the number 10 role, drop a little deeper and play the balls past the last defender for Murphy to get onto.
I would like Murphy to be the striker, just saying if we did sign another striker, then it could happen.. Think Burnett said in one of his interviews that the formation he wants to play is 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1. I reckon Ogogo, Bingham in the 2 deeper CM positions. Elito and Hines (if he signs) on the wings..
ARNU

Murphy is a goalscorer and a good one but he's not a no10.He cant head the ball for shit and any no 10 needs that in his armoury. Bring back Jon Nurse or Strevens 5 years ago.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:Murphy is a goalscorer and a good one but he's not a no10.He cant head the ball for shit and any no 10 needs that in his armoury. Bring back Jon Nurse or Strevens 5 years ago.
Mesut Özil and Juan Mata can head a ball? :?
Richie

matt_drfc wrote:
ARNU wrote:Murphy is a goalscorer and a good one but he's not a no10.He cant head the ball for shit and any no 10 needs that in his armoury. Bring back Jon Nurse or Strevens 5 years ago.
Mesut Özil and Juan Mata can head a ball? :?
Barkley (The next England no 10) is well known for his heading after all
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Is this the 1950s? Murphy is a fantastic complete forward at league two level - he runs from deep, he draws defenders and he's a superbly intelligent player. I watched the Wimbledon game from behind the dugouts and I had a great view of the way he works - he's constantly looking around for options, and defenders. If he can master his short range passing slightly more he'd be the best number 10 in the league
Masked Man

Number 10? This is who we need.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28wL4Jvq2k4

Ave it!! :o