Football Rumours

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:
ARNU wrote:Murphy is a goalscorer and a good one but he's not a no10.He cant head the ball for shit and any no 10 needs that in his armoury. Bring back Jon Nurse or Strevens 5 years ago.
Is this the 1950s? Murphy is a fantastic complete forward at league two level - he runs from deep, he draws defenders and he's a superbly intelligent player. I watched the Wimbledon game from behind the dugouts and I had a great view of the way he works - he's constantly looking around for options, and defenders. If he can master his short range passing slightly more he'd be the best number 10 in the league
I agree with all that,dosent change the fact he cant head the ball.He likes it to feet,he said so himself.Watch him try head a ball,honestly...no good at it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
davei

Arnu wrote "I agree with all that,dosent change the fact he cant head the ball"

Neither could Jimmy Greaves...........
matt_drfc

Murphy is shit, will never get a good move and has no chance of being a #10 because he can't head a ball.

Arnu logic
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Let's just hope we play some Barcelona, knocking it around shit next season. Then we'll be fine
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:Murphy is shit, will never get a good move and has no chance of being a #10 because he can't head a ball.

Arnu logic
I Didn't say he was shit. If you actually read what I said I think you'll find I agreed he was a great striker with many good qualities.He has a weakness and that is heading the ball.Cant jump either.Given some of the dross we've had up front he is a revelation.Dont think Ive ever said he wont get a good move either.He has had a few games for us where he was very anonymous and subbed,you'd know that too if you went.
Dagger In The Heart

Since when did a #10 ever need to be able to head the ball!? What utter nonsense!

A #10 needs good feet, control, vision, passing. A good shot on them once in a while don't go amiss!

This is not Rhys! Rhys is an out and out #9.
bearaab

So would Andy Carroll and Peter Crouch be good in the no. 10 role?
ARNU

Rhys is an out and out No9 yes.How plainer can I make that ?

If you think him not being able to head a ball is an asset though then carry on as you are.If he improved that aspect of his game he wouldn't be scraping a living at Dagenham and Redbridge would he ?

You people who argue with me over minutae(That's little things)just cos I normally get the better of you is infantile. :lol:
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:Rhys is an out and out No9 yes.How plainer can I make that ?

If you think him not being able to head a ball is an asset though then carry on as you are.If he improved that aspect of his game he wouldn't be scraping a living at Dagenham and Redbridge would he ?

You people who argue with me over minutae(That's little things)just cos I normally get the better of you is infantile. :lol:
Correct he can't head a ball, not disputing that. But the point is, since when did any #10 need to head a ball?

And don't flatter yourself mate, ever occurred to you that we can wind you up like you do to us? :lol:
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:

Correct he can't head a ball, not disputing that. But the point is, since when did any #10 need to head a ball?

And don't flatter yourself mate, ever occurred to you that we can wind you up like you do to us? :lol:
OoooH you tease you!!

What bit is the wind up ? Your entire post or just bits of it ?
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:

OoooH you tease you!!

What bit is the wind up ? Your entire post or just bits of it ?
This post "Murphy is shit, will never get a good move and has no chance of being a #10 because he can't head a ball.

Arnu logic"
ARNU

You are obviously partially dyslexic.I said "he cant head for shit",not that he is shit.

By the way,he cant head the ball and to be a better footballer he needs to improve on that aspect of his game.

Now that must be 20 or 30 times I said that.Nobody has said that he can head the ball have they ? Only the feeble excuse that he dosent have to be able to.Which is ridiculous.
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:You are obviously partially dyslexic.I said "he cant head for shit",not that he is shit.

By the way,he cant head the ball and to be a better footballer he needs to improve on that aspect of his game.

Now that must be 20 or 30 times I said that.Nobody has said that he can head the ball have they ? Only the feeble excuse that he dosent have to be able to.Which is ridiculous.
As I said that was the wind up post.. You asked which bit, I told you.

No ones arguing that he can't head a ball. It's the fact that you said he can't be a #10 because he can't head the ball, that's what I can't understand, you still haven't answered that..
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:
ARNU wrote:You are obviously partially dyslexic.I said "he cant head for shit",not that he is shit.

No ones arguing that he can't head a ball. It's the fact that you said he can't be a #10 because he can't head the ball, that's what I can't understand, you still haven't answered that..
Well all banter aside.He probably could be a no10.The ball would have to come to feet all the time because any hoof(and lets face it we still do it)will just get nodded away by the defender.As much as Lewy was a reasonable keeper his inability to kick was and is a hindrance to his progress.Has Murphy ever headed a goal for Daggers ? Benno did,Scott did,Strevens did,Nursey did(I think) and with the exception of Benno you'd have to say Murphy is generally a better striker than the others.Where do you see Murphy ending up ? League 1 Id say.
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:

Well all banter aside.He probably could be a no10.The ball would have to come to feet all the time because any hoof(and lets face it we still do it)will just get nodded away by the defender.As much as Lewy was a reasonable keeper his inability to kick was and is a hindrance to his progress.Has Murphy ever headed a goal for Daggers ? Benno did,Scott did,Strevens did,Nursey did(I think) and with the exception of Benno you'd have to say Murphy is generally a better striker than the others.Where do you see Murphy ending up ? League 1 Id say.
He could play Championship, the higher the league the more technical the play, his movement is top class and he's a very good finisher, I just think his problem is injuries, if he can stay injury free next season he'll get 20 goals no problem.