Hartlepool

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

It was a very strange incident. The guy was actually catching McQueen and had absolutely no reason to push him - he could've just got alongside and guided him away from goal.

However once he pushed him, it's a red. The defender panicked as McQueen is one on one with the keeper. Balanta was to his left, and although another defender was almost keeping up with Angelo, the best case you could make is a 2 on 1 situation in the box which is surely still and obvious goalscoring chance.
Adrian

EssexDagger! wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:53 pm Anybody have any theory’s on why the Hartlepool defender who was last man and brought down Alex McQueen who was bearing down 1 on 1 with the keeper and the referee somehow only managed to give the Hartlepool player a yellow card?

Has the last man/red card rule changed this season or was it just yet another piece of inferior referring we see in this league week in week out?
There isn’t a last man/red card rule.

He did deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity and should have walked though. I’m not sure McQueen was bearing down 1 on 1 but he would have had a simple pass into Balanta who’d have pretty much had a tap in.
The ref bottled it.
Diggerthedog

Fully deserved win for the second week in a row, could have had more. Phipps again was brilliant as was Robinson who I’ve had my doubts about but he’s come back into the side and performed, manager said the same in post match interview.

How good do Balanta and Luque look when they interplay, counted at least three nutmegs on the right back by Luque first half.

Funny what happens when you keep a settled side at this level, you start to win games. Still have Kandi, Odamatey and Brundle to come back in if needed.

Would take a point at Torquay next week but no real reason we can’t go and get all three.
DaggerJoel11

All of a sudden we're exciting to watch. Every time Luque and Balanta have the ball it seems as if they're capable of making stuff happen, plus the likes of McQueen, Graham and Dobson won't give defenders an easy ride either. If it wasn't for a wicked deflection we'd have got another clean sheet yesterday, which we deserved after another solid defensive performance.

We're not beating poor teams. Hartlepool were six unbeaten with one of the best away records in the division. We've now played all six of the other teams in the top seven and have collected more points than we've lost from them. Let's hope this hot streak of form continues - surely we've got to be targeting four points from Torquay and Sutton away in the next ten days.

Anyway, here's my match report from a thoroughly pleasing afternoon at Victoria Road: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... l-united-1
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:45 am Fully deserved win for the second week in a row, could have had more. Phipps again was brilliant as was Robinson who I’ve had my doubts about but he’s come back into the side and performed, manager said the same in post match interview.

How good do Balanta and Luque look when they interplay, counted at least three nutmegs on the right back by Luque first half.

Funny what happens when you keep a settled side at this level, you start to win games. Still have Kandi, Odamatey and Brundle to come back in if needed.

Would take a point at Torquay next week but no real reason we can’t go and get all three.
Playing them at right time DTD they are ravaged by injuries at least 7 who have played first team.this season missing yesterday
DevonDagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:50 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:45 am Fully deserved win for the second week in a row, could have had more. Phipps again was brilliant as was Robinson who I’ve had my doubts about but he’s come back into the side and performed, manager said the same in post match interview.

Playing them at right time DTD they are ravaged by injuries at least 7 who have played first team.this season missing yesterday
Yep very true. I'm told their manager indicated they would have "2 or 3 more for Saturday" but whether this meant new signings or returning from injury I am not sure. I expect he'll ask his son who is manager at Bristol City for another few favours.