Dagenham Rejects,FC

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

See Louis Dennis has rocked up at Brisbane Road.They certainly like an ex Dagger.
The slide for Wilkinson has already started
benched Saturday.
What odds his back here on loan by the time the Christmas Decs are taken down.
Sagres

Wilkinson on the bench again tonight v Crewe
DevonDagger

I say this all a bit tongue in cheek as I think whilst we're doing well it's not the time to think about dropping the players we have.

That said, I notice Ollie Hawkins has hardly played a minute for Pompey since they signed Marquis. Can't imagine he'd drop two divisions but I'm curious if given the choice of Conor or Hawks, who people would rather..
Mark

Wilkinson. Hawkins isn't a player who gets you on the edge of your seat, he isn't exciting, he's just functional and effective. Wilkinson is someone you'd happily pay the entrance fee to watch.
SUSSEX DAGGER

DevonDagger wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:53 pm I say this all a bit tongue in cheek as I think whilst we're doing well it's not the time to think about dropping the players we have.

That said, I notice Ollie Hawkins has hardly played a minute for Pompey since they signed Marquis. Can't imagine he'd drop two divisions but I'm curious if given the choice of Conor or Hawks, who people would rather.
Played in the paint pot last Saturday as Centre half in a rearranged game as they were due to play Bury.

When he played there for us he never let us down and last year when.Pompey had a crisis in that area also stepped in and agaiin let nobody down. Got more then one skate mate who feel he is the wrong end of the pitch which is an interesting view.

At this level Hawkins could be the value bearing in mind his adaptable.

Wilkinson has, hardly set world alight has he one level up? , already out the starting 11
Where is Hawkins had shown far more even higher.

If we did get back in.the FL that in my opinion is the only way we could tempt Hawkins then he would be my choice out the two
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mark wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:20 pm Wilkinson. Hawkins isn't a player who gets you on the edge of your seat, he isn't exciting, he's just functional and effective. Wilkinson is someone you'd happily pay the entrance fee to watch.
Looks like their wasting their money then at the O's.
It does pose another question mind is the gap to the next level a bigger one then it appears ?
DevonDagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:50 pm
Mark wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:20 pm Wilkinson. Hawkins isn't a player who gets you on the edge of your seat, he isn't exciting, he's just functional and effective. Wilkinson is someone you'd happily pay the entrance fee to watch.
Looks like their wasting their money then at the O's.
It does pose another question mind is the gap to the next level a bigger one then it appears ?
I think it varies but of the current 24 in this division I'd be surprised if any of them would finish above 20th in League 2.

Over the seasons there's always been a Forest Green, Salford, Orient et al who are willing to spend to get out of it. This season is by a country mile the best opportunity to get out of it since we came down from League 2 in my opinion.
Mark

Agree with the point about nobody finishing above 20th in the league above. Orient were poor champions really, they barely improved the side from being mid table the year before. Even we made them look ordinary and we were quite poor. It isn't a surprise that things aren't going well for them, and it's a tough gig up front in a poor side.
leewilson

If we had the team that we had in our first season back down here in the National League, I am confident that we would win the league comfortably. That was a very tough year with Lincoln, Forest Green, Tranmere and Aldershot all excellent sides. Aldershot in particular were a superb footballing side that year and probably look back on it a bit like us and think that they peaked in the wrong season.