At least they didn't turn to Wonga !

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27680399

Quite how they continue and are allowed to continue getting themselves in this state is beyond me.

Their average attendance last year was a VERY respectable 3700, some 1780 more than us. A total of 40,960 more people through their turnstiles than us last year and YET they still overspend to the point that have to take a loan from the PFA.

Send em down to whatever league it is Darlington are playing these days..... or lower! :roll:
Dagdale

If I was an Exeter fan I'd be quite p**sed off how they just finished their season, dead lucky not to go down, although of course we know the feeling, maybe that explains a bit why they're dipping, but arn't they the side that's heading for Brasil for a re creation of being the first English League side to go there and take on the Brazilians? So who's picking that tab up I wonder?? I reckon they're going to need a lot of die hard backing next season.
Mike the Dagger

Hold up a second here, aren't Exeter supposed to be the very model of how a club should be run these days, fan owned etc.?

There is definitely something a bit whiffy about a lot of football clubs in the West Country, they seem to be serially getting in money troubles.
bearaab

Think I read somewhere that Yeovil made a £37k profit the year they went up. Proof it can be done.