Nearly A Quarter of Season Gone. Where Are We ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Nearly 25 % of season gone and we are getting better and Stronger by the week.

As I see it only the 20 goal a season Striker will stop us making a serious challange for the title, as well as we played yesterday we simply dont have the goals in us .

Two minutes from time yesterday that short coming nearly came back to haunt us when their only real shot on target crashed back.off our bar

If we can get in that goal scorer I am.getting more convinced we will go veryv close
HGDagger

I've heard rumours that we are about to sign a striker. If we are then it must surely be a prolific striker already proven at this level, I can't see what we'd sign somebody who isn't proven at this stage of the season.
Leopardman

Quigley has scored 4 already so if he carries on like that won't be far away from a 20 goal a season striker.
Dag82

We have become a very solid side, 8 unbeaten is not done by luck, agree we just need that pure goalscorer up top, and we are in the hunt for winning this league.

Quigley and Balanta are forming a very good partnership, and no complaints about either of them, both are contributing brilliantly, but we need to add another one in, who can finish off these chances which are going begging.

Just hope we are not about to pick something up from the Billericay Fire Sale !!.
NBDag

Agree that we are probably 1 Wilkinson away from being the full package. I like Quigley and I’m glad that he is silencing the early hate he received, but I do think we need slightly more from our target man. 4 goals this season isn’t horrendous at all when you take that form across the season, but another way to look at it is 2 games in 12 in which he has scored. Which isn’t great. I think Kandi coming back will help, but it won’t be enough.

I’m shocked if we are looking for another striker as that doesn’t seem a very Peter Taylor thing to do. Not even sure who is available that we could use!

Get that goal scorer and we carry on like we are now, then I don’t think we will get a better opportunity to go up in this league.
Dag82

Wilkinson back on loan in January, isn't that far fetched is it.
EssexDagger!

Barnet have just signed Alfie Pavey from Dover... could of done a lot worse than to go in for him in my opinion
Dagdale

Yeah I can't quite get my head round that one, unless Dover are really strapped for cash or maybe couldn't refuse what Barnet were offering why he got offloaded, after all he wern't quite there too long, him or another fine jewel Dave Tarpey are excellent strikers this level and would give a fair hard time to nearly all the National League defences. Clubs like Braintree Town and Boreham Wood have pretty good records on bringing fairly decent strikers up.
dagger4eva

I think it’s fair to say that if anyone had told you after the embarrassing 3-0 home defeat to Boreham Wood, we were about to embark on an 8 match unbeaten run, which would include 14 goals (4 from Quigley) and 2 clean sheets, you would have laughed them all the way over to Memphis.

It’s been a remarkable turnaround in fortunes, which now sees us a lot steadier at the back, and playing some more free flowing, creative football in an attacking sense. Confidence is high throughout the squad, and it shows.

I would be inclined to agree with other comments that despite Quigley’s vast improvement, a Wilkinson in THIS team would be bloody lethal and may be the difference in determining whether we have had a good or excellent season, come May.

After 12 games, we’re averaging 1.58 points per game. Carry that on, for the remainder of the season and we’d finish on 72/73 points – enough for a playoff spot.

May be worth bearing in mind that, although we’ve now played half the teams in this league, we are still yet to come up against 7 of the current bottom 10. So on paper, we potentially have a lot more of the winnable games still to come.
A long way to go nevertheless, so lets just wait and see :D
Oxhead

Horrible fixture at Sutton tomorrow on their plastic pitch. Would be over the moon if we won
stanton101

Oxhead wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:53 pm Horrible fixture at Sutton tomorrow on their plastic pitch. Would be over the moon if we won
Horrible shithole of a place.
Alan

HGDagger wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:34 pm I've heard rumours that we are about to sign a striker. If we are then it must surely be a prolific striker already proven at this level, I can't see what we'd sign somebody who isn't proven at this stage of the season.
Please don’t be Rhead
Mark

Please please don't be Rhead. Didn't even show up well in the division below.
Alan

And he’s now 35. A 35 year old 17 stone striker isn’t what is required.