On ex Daggers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dj johnny b

I found myself watching Orient 3 Walsall 1 on Saturday for £5 - a good deal resulting in nearly 7000 present.
Hoped to see 4 ex daggers ply their wares but Ling was injured (quelle surprise) and Maguire Drew unused on the bench (what a waste).
During the first half I mentioned to my mates "Watch Widdowson, he can only use his left foot". Fast forward to the second half he scores a stunning goal from 20 yards with his right foot! Not sure we ever saw that at Dagenham? What might interest readers more is the form of Wilkinson. In short he was excellent, not sure I saw him play this well last season. Oddly in a kind of right half withdrawn position, he capped his performance with a scuffed goal. Then,a few minutes later, having been booked earlier for a stupid argument with the officials about a pointless throw in, he gets a straight red for grappling with/possibly striking a Walsall defender who, in truth, clearly knew what he was about and provoked him. So, my conclusions? He could easily play at a higher level than Division 2 but won't if he can't control himself much better. Either way I'd be most surprised to see him back at Conference level.
A S dagger97

Think I heard on the EFL highlights SHOW, the reporter say that it was Widdowsons first goal in 10 years
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!