Out the cup Embarrassing

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Quigley’s an easy scapegoat, but Balanta gets no criticism despite being dreadful today and losing the ball In the middle of the park which led to their winner. In same way that Gordon gets no criticism for his defending in lead to the first goal - we had 3 opportunities to clear that ball.
RampantDuke

Alan wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:01 pm Quigley’s an easy scapegoat, but Balanta gets no criticism despite being dreadful today and losing the ball In the middle of the park which led to their winner. In same way that Gordon gets no criticism for his defending in lead to the first goal - we had 3 opportunities to clear that ball.
Totally agree with this. I went with my Uncle to the game today, a Carshalton fan, and told him how good Balanta was. Today he stank the whole fu**ing stadium out. He was totally crap but so were the rest of them.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Diggerthedog

RampantDuke wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:28 pm
Alan wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:01 pm Quigley’s an easy scapegoat, but Balanta gets no criticism despite being dreadful today and losing the ball In the middle of the park which led to their winner. In same way that Gordon gets no criticism for his defending in lead to the first goal - we had 3 opportunities to clear that ball.
Totally agree with this. I went with my Uncle to the game today, a Carshalton fan, and told him how good Balanta was. Today he stank the whole fu**ing stadium out. He was totally crap but so were the rest of them.
Perhaps Balanta don’t want to play for a manager who calls him out in public and sets up boring and defensively. Must have give him a big pay rise for him to sign that new contract last week.

Taylor is a defensive dinosaur coach sucking the life at some very handy attacking players.
RampantDuke

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:31 pm
RampantDuke wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:28 pm
Perhaps Balanta don’t want to play for a manager who calls him out in public and sets up boring and defensively. Must have give him a big pay rise for him to sign that new contract last week.

Taylor is a defensive dinosaur coach sucking the life at some very handy attacking players.
If Balanta doesn't like it then he shouldn't have signed the contract. Doesn't excuse him for his diabolical performance today. I'm a massive fan of Balanata but I don't have to suck up to him every time he has a stinker. As for Taylor, you are right, he isn't the bloke to take us forward. Why have we spent so much on great players and left the same manager in charge? It's time that the Americans showed some gumption because Thompson won't.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
stanton101

Absolutely choked today.
I've tried to give Taylor the benefit of the doubt, even though it was through gritted teeth, but today was a disgrace. Take yourself and your buzz cut stupid wig and f..k off.
And if anyone still thinks we're lucky to have him as manager, you really need looking at.
Utter garbage.
Dag82

This is isn't going to work, with Taylor is it, I too have tried to give him a fair crack, but today is the final straw for me.
That was no lucky win for a team 2 leagues below us, they outworked us from the off, and dealt very easily with what we threw at them.
Thats 6 wins in 17 lge/cup games this season, with the level of investment put into the team, that is just not good enough.
Mr Freund, please act, before the season is a total wright off.
Dagdale

Knew this game would be a 'banana skin' for us and the team totally set off on the wrong foot, what is it about D & R when it comes to F.A Cup starters? our history in it is so dismal, we just always seem to not show up and do what we are quite capable of doing winning a game strongly. okay we were creating but ball just kept getting lost in the final push, fair play to Carlshalton took their two goals very well and sad to say highlight today for many of us was appreciating how a little club 2 steps below us house a pretty good stadium, run a very efficient bar and catering system and an absolute pleasure to share a beer and chat too, hope they do like their neighbours Sutton a season or two back, make a few bob and progress, their number eleven will be going places!
Dag82

The eleven was a decent player, but the ONLY one they had, the rest were bang average, yet coped just fine with us.
How many saves did there keeper make - 2 in 90 mins is all i can remember.
Oh and by the way, didn't that cost us 18 Grand today in prize money ??.
Bet the owners are thrilled about that.
Diggerthedog

Dag82 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:58 pm This is isn't going to work, with Taylor is it, I too have tried to give him a fair crack, but today is the final straw for me.
That was no lucky win for a team 2 leagues below us, they outworked us from the off, and dealt very easily with what we threw at them.
Thats 6 wins in 17 lge/cup games this season, with the level of investment put into the team, that is just not good enough.
Mr Freund, please act, before the season is a total wright off.
And out of them 6 wins how many have been very convincing, 2 from memory.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Dreadful. Get drunk. Move on.
EssexDagger!

Dag82 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:12 pm The eleven was a decent player, but the ONLY one they had, the rest were bang average, yet coped just fine with us.
How many saves did there keeper make - 2 in 90 mins is all i can remember.
Oh and by the way, didn't that cost us 18 Grand today in prize money ??.
Bet the owners are thrilled about that.
When do we ever test the opposition keeper more than twice in 90mins
Dagger Steve

Stockport also out, so at least we've both now got a free saturday in a few weeks for the rearranged league fixture.
SUSSEX DAGGER

On reflection we can blame the Manager but at the end of the day the Players must take 80% of the responsibility for yesterdays abysmal showing.

These same players were not being slated last month when in the middle of a 12 game run and in fact were being considered good enough by many to get us out of this league, so you cant have it both ways.

That said the skill of a Manager can be judged in many ways. If I was the owners I would expect him to manage his resources a bit more and do so more carefully. Why on earth did he expose the player who we were crying out for yesterday to a Sunday League Competition only days before the most important game financially that we have had this season.

He did not have to start but Harold Odametey could have been turned to yesterday to get us out of a big hole that we dug for ourselves. Sadly we tossed away our potential get out of jail card by seeing him crocked in a two bob competition that unlike yesterday would have no effect on our season.

Agree Alan with most of your post but your attack on Luque must be borne out of total frustration, ffs he was on the pitch only 8 minutes !
To my mind that change should have been made earlier , I like Dobson but lets not kid ourselves you will struggle to find a more one footed player outside the Para Olympics .

It was not only the left back that was on a card 3 of the back 5 were and we needed to get the ball down and run at them , but all we did was pumped diagonal balls that they did not have to be anything special to deal with.

Once again there was no goal threat. You can see the idea with Quigley but even if he has the ability he does not have the brains to do what we are asking of him. You need to be a bit clever and cute but he is either to weak or as subtle as a smack in the ear making the refs so easy to penalise him .

You are always going to get Cup upsets and most teams who cause them normally have to defend for their lives, yesterday Carshalton Goalkeeper had no more then three shots to deal with , that is unforgiveable.

It appeared that we had to many players who looked like they thought they only only had to turn up and after the first 20 minutes we completely ran out of ideas.

Make no mistake financially yesterday result was a massive blow as much needed revenue was surrendered in a manner that was totally unacceptable to us supporters but to the board even more so given the implications it could have on either this years or next years budget
Dag82

We don't even know the full extent of the financial loss yet, they might get a nice draw against an Ipswich or Sunderland yet.
Alan

Not an attack on Lucque, who was on for 13 minutes, more a comment on how he is not the devastating attacking force that some of our support believe him to be when they berate Taylor for not playing him.

Agree completely that the players have to take almost all of the blame yesterday. Some of them get a free pass from criticism whilst others get a dogs abuse as a reflex reaction.