Out the cup Embarrassing

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

How long is this clown going to get? He is not the man for the job, negative negative negative.
bloke down the pub

Embarrassing is a polite way to put it.
BB-Dagger

Having a full strength side out and still losing can only be the fault of the management, poorly prepared and a slack mental attitude.
dagger4eva

Currently trapsing around Bluewater - was feeling abit gutted not to be in Carshalton as love the FA Cup

Right now im feeling a) un-shocked (by the result) and b) a bit smug.

Huge opportunity to progress to Round 1 literally lobbed down the swanny.

The winning culture Peter Freund is looking for at the club seems quite a way off right now!
ARNU

The clown has to go. Struggles against hullbridge and ****** the FA cup at first attempt. Useless!!
Did he leave out luque and grant again? Haven’t even looked. Don’t know what he’s doing!! Taylor out!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RampantDuke

Just on my way home from this apocalypse of a performance. Disgusting attitude from the players. Today we were outworked and outclassed by an average team 2 divisions below. Did the Americans invest all this money into the club for this type of capitulation? I doubt it. @PeterFreund - it’s time for you to show some balls mate. Thompson has to go and Taylor needs to join him. Neither are good enough operators to take this club forward. Show you mean business and bring in your own man at the very top. Someone who can be ruthless enough to haul a manager over the coals after a disgraceful performance like this. So far all you have done is thrown money at players while ignoring that your senior management team are not up to the task. It’s time to look closer and make the changes necessary to deliver your objectives. I promise you that if you don’t then this kind of abject result will become normal. Grow some Bollocks and intervene quickly. It’s been too nice so far.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
RampantDuke

Just on my way home from this apocalypse of a performance. Disgusting attitude from the players. Today we were outworked and outclassed by an average team 2 divisions below. Did the Americans invest all this money into the club for this type of capitulation? I doubt it. @PeterFreund - it’s time for you to show some balls mate. Thompson has to go and Taylor needs to join him. Neither are good enough operators to take this club forward. Show you mean business and bring in your own man at the very top. Someone who can be ruthless enough to haul a manager over the coals after a disgraceful performance like this. So far all you have done is thrown money at players while ignoring that your senior management team are not up to the task. It’s time to look closer and make the changes necessary to deliver your objectives. I promise you that if you don’t then this kind of abject result will become normal. Grow some Bollocks and intervene quickly. It’s been too nice so far.
SUSSEX DAGGER

:cards: Words fail me..All we did was smash diagonal balls across the pitch and when we did,get a cross in i was either over hit, or missed by the the totally inept Forwards we had. . Anytime we did hit Quigley he fouled his opponent.
This man who once was in the England set up appeared clueless as to how to get us going.
Only worked their keeper once the whole,afternoon, Carshalton were not thsy good but still had to much for us.

Ashamed
HGDagger

Sack worthy in my opinion. Today was the most important game of the season, and they bottled it.
Alan

Not sure how anyone can say we were outplayed or outclassed. We had most of the possession but lacked and cutting edge, they had a couple of chances on the break and scored

Supporters love Liam Gordon, but he can’t defend. Mitch Brundle can’t either.

Their left back was dreadful, he was booked early on but instead of keeping on going at him, brundle was hitting diagonals to the other side and the flat back 5 were able to defend those with relative ease. Lucque did nothing when he came on, I think he’s a player who seems better every time he doesn’t play.
RampantDuke

Alan wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:38 pm Not sure how anyone can say we were outplayed or outclassed. We had most of the possession but lacked and cutting edge, they had a couple of chances on the break and scored

Supporters love Liam Gordon, but he can’t defend. Mitch Brundle can’t either.

Their left back was dreadful, he was booked early on but instead of keeping on going at him, brundle was hitting diagonals to the other side and the flat back 5 were able to defend those with relative ease. Lucque did nothing when he came on, I think he’s a player who seems better every time he doesn’t play.
Not sure anyone has said we were outplayed but we were well and truly outworked. As for class, well that’s subjective. Totally agree on everything else you said.
Auntie Merge

Well that was a pile of poo.

No homework or prep done, no pace, no fight, no commitment. Management 100% at fault.

I thought the tea bar at Carshalton was extremely well run, and we could learn a lot from them.

Well done to Carshalton today. A good win for them.
Sagres

Just home absolutely disgusting - Taylor Out
DaggerJoel11

This will go down as one of the early shocks of the competition I suppose, but none of us are really shocked. It's the kind of result we produce time and time again - Hereford, Worthing, Southport, Halifax now we can add Carshalton to the list of teams we've been humbled by in recent years, yet today somehow manages to be worse given that we fielded a very strong looking XI (or, should I say, the strongest we're capable of fielding). Not good enough and a very painful watch.

Good luck to Carshalton next round, hope they get a cracking tie to show us what we've missed out on.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Daggernewbie

Speaking to one of their supporters after the game and he said " they lost 4 - 0 to a team two leagues below them on Tuesday " just shows you how badly we played today.

Yes we need a striker but some players need to be dropped and others given a full game not keep coming on as a sub, Reeve Grant comes to mind in place of Joe Quigley.