Peter Taylor - Match Reaction

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

This is definitely from the Wayne Burnett school
of football management.

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-Lr_691UOhbt-hgcZKe-
ARNU

Totally “ not bovvered” wasn’t he.Should be doing his bollicks but just nonchalantly wishing carshalton well next round. Taylor for manager of the month said nobody ever!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

ARNU wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:59 pm Totally “ not bovvered” wasn’t he.Should be doing his bollicks but just nonchalantly wishing carshalton well next round. Taylor for manager of the month said nobody ever!
ARNU you missed the bit out where he said " he thought they would tire in the last 15 mins ".
stanton101

Absolute bollocks.
dagger4eva

A short match report on the Carshalton forum.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/carshal ... 03f07a2898
Mark

Interesting viewpoint. To me, Wright's main problem with the winger wasn't that he couldn't cope, and more that he seemed disinterested in defending for most of the afternoon. He always seemed to be chasing the guy rather than being in position.
Diggerthedog

The interview seems a bit bizarre to me, wonder if he has already been told Howard is going to be more involved soon? Players level seems to have dropped too so wonder if they are aware of the same. Remember the same happening when Hopkin pulled out and the level of commitment from management and players went through the Floor.

Might be completely wrong and it’s just Taylor being way out of his depth.
redboy

The interview was as embarrassing as the performance. WTF is his passion, his drive, commitment. Can't believe he goes on to wish Carshalton good luck in the next round. Maybe if they get to Wembley he can claim that they were a great side, despite only being fit for 75 minutes! Shows you how poor we are then.

If the owners genuinely want to take our club forward, forget the overhaul of the clubhouse. Start with the board and the manager. We are a stale, mid table at best Conference club going nowhere with a dinosaur of a manager and fossils upstairs.
Mark

Difficult to know what to make of it. I don't really want our manager ranting at the press but he did seem a little too calm considering. He said it was unprofessional to lose and I agree, the attitude of all out attack in the last 10 when we have a replay on the horizon was ridiculous.

Not sure why he thought they'd tire, we've played plenty of part time sides and none of them ever look obviously less fit than us.

A lot of players seem to have dropped their level recently. I guess it's easy to blame the manager for that but perhaps this is just why those players have never made it any higher. I guess he signed them though.
EssexDagger!

Cannot even bring myself to watch it...
Dag82

Was announced recently that Tim Howard was taking on some kind of role in the US, in connection with Everton.

Also at the recent forum, owners were asked about Howard's involvement with us, moving forward, and basically swerved it.

Shame, because he must have a ton of contacts in the game over here, who could come in & really get us moving in the wright
direction.

The owners need to appoint there own man over here, thought that for a long time.
Alan

I don’t see what the fuss is about. If he went on their ranting or criticising individuals he’d get canes on here. Don’t most managers wish the other team good luck in the next round? The players underperformed, badly.
Diggerthedog

When we played Yeovil and won in the last minute their manager absolutely slaughtered his players, look at the run they’ve been on since. Most of them should be dropped and others should be given a chance next week.

Heard some on twitter that Quigley is doing ok, he is dog crap and will never be anything better than that. Start Kandi and Grant next week and loan this donkey to Blackpool beach. He got a two year deal, money well spent Mr Taylor. The Quigley/Balanta partnership just does not work stop persisting with it.

Luque is better than what is being played on the pitch at present, result wise with him in the team it has been much better.

Taylor was given the budget and has spent poorly for that return, Wilkinson was never replaced. There were strikers out there why did we not get them? Tishimanga has 9 already at Borehamwood, Murphy was playing 15 miles up the A12 has 8 now, both players clearly had a record of goal scoring, we went for one with no record whatsoever. If you don’t score goals you put pressure on your defence to keep clean sheets each week.

Over to you Mr Taylor, get beat next Saturday and you’ll see our lowest ever league home crowd since the Ryman days against Barrow and I’m sure the owners won’t like that one bit. Rant over.
Alan

In the Yeovil game they Justham made a series of incredible saves to deny them. They were clearly a decent side and playing well, I doubt the run has anything to do with a post match rant.

Taylor has made mistakes - I wanted us to sign Murphy last season - but implying that we’d do better if he had a post match rant smacks of criticising him for the sake of it.
Mike the Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:58 pm This is definitely from the Wayne Burnett school
of football management.

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-Lr_691UOhbt-hgcZKe-
Seems totally reasonable to me.

Do explain the similarity with a Burnett interview?

Are you thinking of his public rant at the team after a decent performance which destroyed his first season in charge, his arguements with anyone who dared asking difficult questions when things were going pear-shaped or his crowing at the doubters after the rare occassional win?