Hereford expelled

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sorry to hear that it came to Hereford getting expelled from the Confrence over non payments of football debts.

Perhaps it has been a long time and the Confrence have made the right decisison if a harsh one. How long before the Football league grow a pair and inflict the same sanctions on other teams who seem to be living beyond their means.
USADAGGER nick

So what league do they get expelled too?
matt_drfc

USADAGGER nick wrote:So what league do they get expelled too?
Welsh Premier League
Ilford Dagger

Sad but inevitable I suppose. I can see them actually folding completely soon, the town won't then have any sport to follow as the Racetrack closed down a year or so ago & I don't think they have any decent Rugby teams nearby.
Dagdale

Real shame when if you're as old as me remember how they turfed out the mighty Newcastle from the F.A Cup 3rd Round in '72, at that time and still today an unbelievable fate plus a spectacular equaliser by Ronnie Radford (How he must feel now?), Ricky George getting the winner, and as crowd invasions go one of the most pleasurable ones to see, not one hint of bother, just underdog fans having their greatest day. Many people don't know much about that part of the world other than the SAS being based there but you'd have thought some local company directors (fans?) would have chipped in and helped, or just a week's salary from some of the premiership top players to the lower levels.
SUSSEX DAGGER

The owe peanuts compared to what those Fish fiddlers down the road from me walked away from.
redboy

That's what you get for stuffing us 9-1 !!

Feel sorry for the fans, but what about the players who didn't get paid and their families? Hopefully, they'll bounce back at some point.