New Signings

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
redboy

I have to admit that none of our new signings are filling me with any sense of hope or joy for the coming season. Players who have either been reserves, rejects or with this latest defender, raw with no football league experience. I thought the idea of releasing players was to bring better ones in. This seems like a budget cutting exercise. We need some experience, some brawn, someone close to being the finished article. Smaller squad, more talent.
searmh

i always think its kinda exciting when we sign non league players
PaulHornchurch

There are lots of players still out there without clubs, yet still pricing themselves out of the market.

I admit come 1/July Clubs will sign some of these players.

However we have a budget firstly, then Wayne wants players with hunger, who will put a shift in at Hartlepool on a Tuesday Night.

I don't know these players personally but guess they fit that criteria. This time last year everybody including some fans were convinced we were going down, Wayne proved them all wrong.

With players back in training this week I guess, it's good to see the squad taking shape
leewilson

Every year, the doom mongers come out around this time, without fail. Give it time.
Dagdale

Well I'm looking forward to the new season already, what five new players in the ranks, OK far from household names but believing in two factors here, one/ believe Wayne is moving up a gear now and like most down our manor have a lot of faith in him and two/ believe every player should be given a chance to set in with daggers and his style of play, and to think we've got about six weeks to go, how many more coming in, I wonder? can't wait bring it on!
matt_drfc

Dagdale wrote:Well I'm looking forward to the new season already, what five new players in the ranks, OK far from household names but believing in two factors here, one/ believe Wayne is moving up a gear now and like most down our manor have a lot of faith in him and two/ believe every player should be given a chance to set in with daggers and his style of play, and to think we've got about six weeks to go, how many more coming in, I wonder? can't wait bring it on!
I'm saying definitely 4, maybe 5. I'm also looking forward to the new season!
Mikins

Two keepers from higher league clubs one with plenty of league 1 experience, a defender with league experience and a young winger and left back looking to step up, why all the gloom? There's no sign of a rob Edmonds or will antwi here. Every year we sign players and people act negatively before they've even kicked a ball. Chill out!
Sorry about your damn luck!
FullMetalDagger

Mikins wrote:Two keepers from higher league clubs one with plenty of league 1 experience, a defender with league experience and a young winger and left back looking to step up, why all the gloom? There's no sign of a rob Edmonds or will antwi here. Every year we sign players and people act negatively before they've even kicked a ball. Chill out!
yeah if mike is saying the level headed things, we need to worry :D