Zav & Gav

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:Of course as Adrian says Zav signed and fulfilled his one year contract and is free to move on to bigger and better things but Im not sure we should be there just in case it goes wrong for him every time.He's turned us down so let him go.Close the door,get someone else.

Personally I cant see either of them going much higher,certainly not hoyte but probably they'll get more money to sit on a bench somewhere.They have families to feed so I don't blame them.But I do think we should never let any player hold the club and us to ransom.
Not sure either player is holding the club to ransom tbh
SUSSEX DAGGER

If reports in rhe post are true Wayne has stated he offered Zav terms that would make him one of the biggest earners. Hell of a risk for a player injured with an injury that has finished many a career. Wish the lad all the bestbut given the circumstances is one i am on balance glad to swerve.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Of course as Adrian says Zav signed and fulfilled his one year contract and is free to move on to bigger and better things but Im not sure we should be there just in case it goes wrong for him every time.He's turned us down so let him go.Close the door,get someone else.

Personally I cant see either of them going much higher,certainly not hoyte but probably they'll get more money to sit on a bench somewhere.They have families to feed so I don't blame them.But I do think we should never let any player hold the club and us to ransom.
I agree on not being some sort of fall back for any player. They've had an offer, they either want to take it or they don't.
I don't thinks it right for one player to be abused for not taking an offer while its ok for another to do the same, which is how some have acted on here.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Not surprised that Zav is off, as others have Said was only a one year and presumably high wages, I don't think he lived up to the expectation I had for him despite a good start. I hope he gets a move to a proper team, I commend him for coming to play in league 2 and it's a shame that he got injured. Gav, I'm a little dissapointed in. Adrian is right, we don't know all the facts, but I'd be dissapointed if he just left without saying goodbye, so to speak. If he had a better offer from a higher level then fair enough, but I still think it's poor form if true.
Lcbdagger

If Zavon wants to come back to us fit at the end of August when it has lal gone belly up for him on the transfer front with us having (presumably) not paid him a penny in wages since July 1st then all power to him. Absolutely no need to make him 'one of our highest paid players' if we won't see him fit before the end of pre season.

Was dissapointed in the Hoyte situation as I thought we would struggle to replace him... pleased with Batt coming in. Certainly not noticeably weaker.
matt_drfc

Lcbdagger wrote:If Zavon wants to come back to us fit at the end of August when it has lal gone belly up for him on the transfer front with us having (presumably) not paid him a penny in wages since July 1st then all power to him. Absolutely no need to make him 'one of our highest paid players' if we won't see him fit before the end of pre season.

Was dissapointed in the Hoyte situation as I thought we would struggle to replace him... pleased with Batt coming in. Certainly not noticeably weaker.
I would say along with Dickson, Zav probably was our highest earner. I know it's not completely accurate, but I take notice of the wages on Football Manager, according to it, Zav was on £1200 and Dickson was on £1100, Abs £750, Doey, Howell and Saah £700 to name a few.
Diggerthedog

matt_drfc wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:If Zavon wants to come back to us fit at the end of August when it has lal gone belly up for him on the transfer front with us having (presumably) not paid him a penny in wages since July 1st then all power to him. Absolutely no need to make him 'one of our highest paid players' if we won't see him fit before the end of pre season.

I would say along with Dickson, Zav probably was our highest earner. I know it's not completely accurate, but I take notice of the wages on Football Manager, according to it, Zav was on £1200 and Dickson was on £1100, Abs £750, Doey, Howell and Saah £700 to name a few.
Them figures are tosh.
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:

Them figures are tosh.
What do you reckon they could be on? I'm just putting it out there, can't think of anything to say they are completely wrong though...
Mikins

From what I remember wasnt Josh Scott on about £35-40k a year? I dont think anyone earns great shakes with us. its more like a regular job, but with the bonus of everyone hating you if you arent that good at it.
Sorry about your damn luck!
matt_drfc

Mikins wrote:From what I remember wasnt Josh Scott on about £35-40k a year? I dont think anyone earns great shakes with us. its more like a regular job, but with the bonus of everyone hating you if you arent that good at it.
Yeah I think he was, that's say £700/week and he wasn't our best player, nor experienced. We also had a bigger squad and without the Gayle money. So if I'm honest those figures wouldn't be far wrong..
Mark

I think the Dickson one is probably crap. The rest might not be miles away.
matt_drfc

Mark wrote:I think the Dickson one is probably crap. The rest might not be miles away.
After the season he had you would say no way, but before, he would have been on a fair few quid at AEL and in China