THOMMO - AN APOLOGY

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dag82

I fully take back yesterday's comment that only rubbish managers are currently out of work.

Good appointment.

Well pleased with that.

:thumbu:
stanton101

Yeah cheers Thommo.
For keeping that other utter gobshite in a job for so long, and bringing us to the brink of relegation.
And for telling us how lucky we were to have him!
Marvellous stuff.
NBDag

Look if we can point out when he has been involved in something bad, we should be able to say when he has been involved in something good. Not Thommo’s redemption by any sense but fair is fair
Dag82

Correct.

They have pulled an appointment out of the bag, that would be in most dagger fans, top 3.

Fair play.
RampantDuke

Dag82 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:17 pm Correct.

They have pulled an appointment out of the bag, that would be in most dagger fans, top 3.

Fair play.
I think that calling Thompson an ‘apology’ is a bit harsh at this point. He tries his best 😉
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Dag82

He's been called a lot worse, to be fair. :grin:
ARNU

Dunno why people keep digging the fella out. Always acts in the clubs best interests. Hardly gonna sack anyone just cos a few moany fans got the ump. You have to give people every chance. Taylor used all his up, he’s gone and now we got a potentially decent manager.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggerman

ARNU wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:44 pm Dunno why people keep digging the fella out. Always acts in the clubs best interests. Hardly gonna sack anyone just cos a few moany fans got the ump. You have to give people every chance. Taylor used all his up, he’s gone and now we got a potentially decent manager.
Agree with this
Chalky69

Completely agree that Thommo always does what he thinks is best for the club despite all the moans and groans he gets from a small handful of supporters. He did a great job in getting the new manager in and that should be recognized. Get off his back!
Blackie645

The problem with him is that he bears grudges, against supporters that disagree with him.
Diggerthedog

Blackie645 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:47 am The problem with him is that he bears grudges, against supporters that disagree with him.
Exactly, club will only ever move forward properly once he moves on. He wanted Taylor to stay.
Alan

Many people would have some antipathy towards people saying that they should be sacked.
Blackie645

The blokes a glass collector behind the bar, that's how he started in D&R
Alan

The constant “he used to be the pot boy/bar manager” stuff is irrelevant. I did other jobs before doing what I do now. It also ignores the intervening periods of Thommo overseeing the club getting promoted to league 1.

It’s better to ask what the club needs to do to grow and whether he is able to deliver that, either himself of through recruiting staff/contractors. That’s the question the majority shareholders need to answer, not what did Thommo did for a living 25 years ago.
Adrian

Alan wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:51 pm The constant “he used to be the pot boy/bar manager” stuff is irrelevant. I did other jobs before doing what I do now. It also ignores the intervening periods of Thommo overseeing the club getting promoted to league 1.

It’s better to ask what the club needs to do to grow and whether he is able to deliver that, either himself of through recruiting staff/contractors. That’s the question the majority shareholders need to answer, not what did Thommo did for a living 25 years ago.
Spot on, and pretty much what I had written before seeing your post.
He’s far from perfect but the vendetta that some have against him seems to stem from their own jealously more than anything.

I’m sure I’ve been told that the pot boy/bar manager stuff is a myth as well and that he was involved in the admin side of the club from very early on.