Barnet Away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Tinpot! Doing themselves out of money, who is going to trust they will get a game on in April? 400 away now down to 200.
Daggerman

bloke down the pub wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:59 pm OFF..........Hahahhahaha
So what are you laughing at?
The fact that Barnet are a bunch of c#nts or at every dagger who made the effort to go?
EssexDagger!

Barnet are saying the pitch was and STILL is playable in their opinion but they cannot overrule the referee who made the decision.

Apparently his decision was based on a “predicted forecast” for later on in the evening which could potentially have postponed the game during the 90
Mins which is actually ridiculous when you think about it. How many times have so called predicted forecasts been wrong, complete heads gone!!!
lupins

Well they would say that wouldnt they. Basically throwing the ref under the boat
Oxhead

We left at 4pm , few beers and arrived at the ground at 7.30pm then amazed to hear it was off.
Absolute disgrace
Hated Barnet before , hate them even more
now
Dagdale

To be fair mate it looks like the two clubs wanted it on and down to the Referee to shut the game down tonight, pretty sure the last thing Barnet fc wanted was another game put back, hard one to understand why tonight?
BB-Dagger

Unfortunately I couldn’t make it last night (or as it turned out fortunately) so I should make the rearranged fixture. Barnet have a pitch that is not fit for purpose and to have so many games called off in the past an inspection should have taken place at lunchtime to save everyone travelling, as previously said.. shit club shit pitch!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Just one question ? By 9.30 last night had it rained and if it did was it enough to affect a pitch that appears to have been playable according to the referee at 6pm
ARNU

I think it's a bit unfair to take it all out on the ref. Their pitch is clearly the problem. There should have been a decision earlier though. Ref can clearly take a bit of the blame for that. If balanta had slipped and broke his ankle we'd have gone apeshit. I even told my boy he was mad to go as the weather had been crap all week. One day of sun ain't no good. My back garden is a swamp I wouldn't walk on it let alone let 23 blokes run around on it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DaggerJoel11

I was going to post my thoughts and negative experience with staff at Barnet on here last night, but it would've been far too long and so I'll share a piece I've written on my site instead.

https://dagnificent.weebly.com/daggers- ... hing-stock
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Auntie Merge

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:40 pm I was going to post my thoughts and negative experience with staff at Barnet on here last night, but it would've been far too long and so I'll share a piece I've written on my site instead.

https://dagnificent.weebly.com/daggers- ... hing-stock
Great post.

Interesting to see they’ve taken the comments form Barry Fry down because I thought when it went up ‘crafty, getting someone else outside the club to comment otherwise they’d get charged with bringing the game into disrepute’. But it was on their official website so bound to happen anyway.

A Barnet fan commented on the conference forum:
We suspect the drainage has completely gone but the club are pretending everything is hunky dory. Admitting there is any problem at all might mean Spurs Women don't renew their contract perhaps?
http://www.theconferenceforum.co.uk/article/1406687
Dagdale

Think it just about fairly sums it up but I know smaller clubs go for this 'renting' their pitches out for youth or women soccer quite a bit now and much revenue helps and that puts pressure on sustainable pitches. To me this a carbon copy of what Newport County had badly on our last year in the EFL and a similar awful drainage problem and they too shared with a rugby club and remember getting on the the way there on first game to be called off so what lessons were learnt there? and as they ended up fighting to keep away from relegation two games a week sure must have been stressful times. Re Barnet as of late, feedback coming back and someone whose known that club for years their PR with us the bread and butter brigade should definitely take a look at themselves.
IanC

Lovely morning ain’t it,i guess Halesowen fans should start making other plans for their Saturday then!
Diggerthedog

Due to rain vast amounts tomorrow too, be shame if their game Saturday was called off but either way they will get through the next round of trophy and will have to cancelled two league games when the semi finals are and we will end up playing them on a Thursday.