CLUB LOGO

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

This should get some lively debate going....
Check out the official website!!!
matt_drfc

Personally not fussed. But no doubt some will be annoyed
Richie

Hard to be annoyed until the new design gets chosen really. I don't understand why it's changing though
dagger4eva

Acrually also not unhappy about it at all and think its a good idea. They will prob be awful but ill be trying to come up with a design or 2
Mark

It's because we can't make the existing crest a trademark.
Simmo

How many times have you been out wearing your Daggers shirt and had someone approach you and ask which club it belongs to because the current badge on the shirts has the "Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club" text too small to read?

The idea of a new logo for the shirt is to try to stop that by having something a bit easier to identfy the club we support.

The current version is the old Dagenham FC crest with added blue wavy lines representing the River Roding in Redbridge and a tree representing a forest (Redbridge Forest). It will remain and will be used on official correspondance so we're not getting rid of it, just updating the badge on the shirts and merchandise to something that can be easily identified as D&RFC or the Daggers.
matt_drfc

Simmo wrote:How many times have you been out wearing your Daggers shirt and had someone approach you and ask which club it belongs to because the current badge on the shirts has the "Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club" text too small to read?

The idea of a new logo for the shirt is to try to stop that by having something a bit easier to identfy the club we support.

The current version is the old Dagenham FC crest with added blue wavy lines representing the River Roding in Redbridge and a tree representing a forest (Redbridge Forest). It will remain and will be used on official correspondance so we're not getting rid of it, just updating the badge on the shirts and merchandise to something that can be easily identified as D&RFC or the Daggers.
That makes sense!
Diggerthedog

I'm not excited enough about this news, who can I complain too :lol:
redboy

At least by giving the fans an opportunity to contribute, nobody can moan. I bet that all of the counterfit shirt makers in China are waiting with baited breath for a sneak preview.....
Dagdale

Can they get it sorted in less than six weeks?? Seems tight schedule to me, but agree if the club name comes out more clearer and visible to friends or strangers good idea for us the supporters. Just come back from football crazy Benidorm for two of the pitfall England games, had the white Vandanel on one game, talking as normal shop with loads of fans, comments 'on my team' ranged from any in all of the English Leagues especially weird ones not wearing bins, and the other match day with the green West & Coe short sleeved, about 5 thought a Scottish side somewhere and even one Republic of Ireland! wonder if they thought Coleraine?, Gordon Bennett great news making it clearer!
dagger4eva

Not to take effect until next season (2015-16)

I do genuinely think its a great move and the right move.

Whilst quite intricate and complicated our current logo / crest has grown on me.

We definitely need something slicker looking though - along the lines of the newest Arsenal / Chelsea badges to help create a more popular & recognisable brand! If its at all possible to create a brand out of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club that is :D
NickMurphy

I like the current one personally, but providing the options for the new one look ok and not some poor photoshop effort like some badges out there, I'll entertain the idea - although I don't have a choice!
FullMetalDagger

i dont like change,

but i understand this,

Please not as shit as morecambes, and nothing to realistic (oldhams badge ewwwwh)
searmh

seems a great idea to me..look forward to seeing the entries, will we get to vote on a shortlist?
dagger4eva

Here's my 1st effort ... what you reckon???

:D
Attachments
BADGE1.png
BADGE1.png (28.59 KiB) Viewed 12989 times