Pondfield Road Parking

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Benno

As the club use M&B for training, maybe Steve Thompson could have a word with the committee at the club and square something away
ThatRoundThing

Tomorrow should be great fun, NOT, for those taking cars and with the added expected attendance. What’s the betting the parking wardens will be out in force knowing there will easy pickings.
jag

Just a response to the Shoebury Dagger, We really do need people like you to support the club coming as far as you do, I make the journey every game from East Sussex and try to arrive early at about 12 noon at this time Wantz Road is not very busy for parking, I then go over to the cafe for a bit of lunch on the Rainham Road and then onto the clubhouse for a beer and watch the early game, tomorrow it will be Chelsea v Spurs on the big screen, then into the ground about 2.30pm to watch my beloved Daggers, you may want to do this, as It will give you a chance of looking around the area for parking at future games and besides you won't be tempted to visit Roots Hall. COYD.
hockley dagger

Likewise with Shoebury
Giving it a miss tomorrow. A 50 minute drive. Will be back for Fylde.
Dag82

dagger4eva wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:50 am The Pipe Major (currently) offers 4 hrs free parking.

Also the earlier shout from someone about May&Baker was a good one. A bloody ginormous car park over there. Club could direct people to park in there for free. Quick walk down the alley way brings you out on Rainham Rd South by the bookies. Job done!
Pipe Major car park clearly states that parking is only for those using the pub, would be very careful of just sticking your car in there (fairly small) car park, and just buggering off to the football.

Won't take them long to work this one out, and start issuing fines.

May & Baker, on the other hand, sounds like a great idea & a "no brainer" to put in place, wether or not it would or should be free, is an entirely different question.
Auntie Merge

Dag82 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:42 pm
May & Baker, on the other hand, sounds like a great idea & a "no brainer" to put in place, wether or not it would or should be free, is an entirely different question.
Is it possible for you to describe where the entrance to this car park is and the location of the alleyway/ if the alleyway back to Rainham Road South is clearly signposted, for anyone reading this who does not know the area. Thanks.
dagger4eva

Dag82 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:42 pm
dagger4eva wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:50 am The Pipe Major (currently) offers 4 hrs free parking.

Also the earlier shout from someone about May&Baker was a good one. A bloody ginormous car park over there. Club could direct people to park in there for free. Quick walk down the alley way brings you out on Rainham Rd South by the bookies. Job done!
Pipe Major car park clearly states that parking is only for those using the pub, would be very careful of just sticking your car in there (fairly small) car park, and just buggering off to the football.

Won't take them long to work this one out, and start issuing fines.

That possibly is the case BUT as far as im aware that isnt policed in any respect.
The only sign ive ever seen is something about if u need over 4 hrs to give your registration details to staff.

I think for the time being at least its fairly safe to park in there from 2pm(ish) until FT.
Dag82

Pipe Major Landlord confused as f**k tomorrow at 3 pm.

Car park full.............. 15 people in the pub. :eh:
bloke down the pub

Surely you have a mate that lives in the "HW" parking zone. He could get you a "Visitors" permit For £1.50.
RayleighDagger1986

I have driven from Rayleigh but also prefer to use the trains as I like a pint ior two before games. If this now means driving more often than not then that's ok.
The only downside at mo is the lack of or no trains at weekend on the Southend Vic to Liverpool St line. Driving is the best way to get to the games but I now bus it to Basildon, train to Upminster and the rest you can all guess. That's close to a 4 hour round trip on a Saturday but I do it because I want too.
Dag82

So, was parking a nightmare today then ?, or has the whole thing been over hyped ?. :tongue:
Diggerthedog

I arrive at 12.30 and it was already round the bend on Wantz, someone said Wantz was full at 2.30. I noticed many parked on the path next to the park wonder if they got tickets?
ARNU

I parked in wantz road at 2.35pm. There were a few spaces left. Admittedly we were right down the end by the petrol station . We could have parked in the main road too up by the eastbrook end of the road. We looked at Gay gardens that was banged out ( I'm sure there's a smutty joke there somewhere). Also there were loads of spaces in the main road between the civic centre and the eastbrook. It is a pain in the arse but on the whole I don't think anyone would struggle to get parked elsewhere.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

You must have got lucky then cos there was only 1 space left in wantz at 2.20. Guess someone from the church or industrial estate went home in the meantime. There were spaces on Oxlow though.
lupins

There is a 4 hour free car park at the end of Wantz Road it had plenty of spaces