Official prediction thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
redboy

Fair shout Arnu. When you consider we still have Conners, Doe, Saah, Howell, Bingham, Elito, Ogogo, Murphy plus guys like Gayle, Shields that should get better, the nucleus is there to build on. That still leaves a lot of new players that will 1) have to prove themselves and 2) gel. Until we're ten games in, it's a guessing game how we'll do but I do think that 9th flattered us last season due to some very favourable results on the last day when we went from 16th to 9th in about 10 minutes. I still want to see some experience and a proven striker. It was the goals we scored before xmas last year that kept us up.
bearaab

Lower end of the bottom half
leewilson

Very hard to call.

For me, we've always had a solid nucleus to our squad. Even the seasons where we've been dire, I think we've still consisted of a solid base. Success for us depends on the quality of our creative options. The last two seasons, we've started with forces up top. Two seasons ago it was Gayle. Last season it was Murphy and Hines. These players turned us from a standard League 2 side into promotion contenders. However, when these players were taken out of the equation, we transformed back into a bottom half league 2 side as we just don't have the depth of replacement to cover these losses. Goals win games, and games won equals points and if you look at our replacements to these players over the last two seasons, they've just not been of the same level and won us enough points.

So it very much depends for me who we get in in these forward positions. I've been happy with our dealings so far. Batt, an experienced League 2 defender, good going forward, replaces Hoyte. Chambers comes in to add depth to the wide areas. Some youngsters in to pad out the squad and Labadie gives us a different type of CM with perhaps a few more goals to his game.

Murphy has goals in his locker and Goldberg potentially does. However, we need 3 more players I think and these will determine our season. I'd say 1 up front, 1 out wide and 1 who can perhaps do both. Let's see what Wayne has up his sleeve and perhaps a judgement will have more substance about us.
Diggerthedog

So how have people's minds changed following recent signings and some unflattering results? With Rhys out until September we will struggle until he gets fit. About 15th for me this season if Rhys stays if not relegation dog fight, we all know what happens when you have no decent goalscorers.
TheLion

Where did the news about Rhys out until September come from?
ThatRoundThing

Barking & Dag Post reported the same...September.