Ebbsfleet

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Perhaps he is just training with us to keep fit, Daryl maybe helping him out for now and could be the same with Will Wright.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:36 pm Thought Grant was one of the worst forwards I've seen play for us, but if he can turn it around then fair play to him. A bit of confidence and a few goals can completely change a career.
Seems to be going somewhere, I don’t think he was that bad barely got a start under Taylor and certainly less chances from the start of games than Quigley and Kandi who I thought were worse strikers. Good luck to him.

Funny how two players we paid money for a year ago are now gone, Taylor really was the worse manager we ever had.
RayleighDagger1986

Grant gone
Contract terminated with mutual consent.
Good business by the club. Another player coming in perhaps or was McQueen a nail in the coffin for any first team place!
Diggerthedog

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:24 pm Grant gone
Good business by the club. Another player coming in perhaps or was McQueen a nail in the coffin for any first team place!
Terrible business in my eyes, paid a fee for him was obviously on good wages and now had to pay him off.
Mark

Signed for Ebbsfleet. Pretty galling that they now have both Dobson and Grant subsidised by us. You have to move on but ffs Taylor.
RayleighDagger1986

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:43 pm
Terrible business in my eyes, paid a fee for him was obviously on good wages and now had to pay him off.
It was good business to get a shite player off the wage bill DTD.
But yes, the fee paid was terrible and wasted.
Dag82

Ah, The ghost of Taylor, and his 2 year contracts. :eek:

That's another one out the door anyway.

Keep going Daryl !!.
lupins

Justham
Elefetheriou, Clarke, Onariase, Croll
Deering, Phipps, Brundle
Balanta,
House, Wilkinson,,

Signings can often come off or not but the above isnt the worst
Lcbdagger

After the weekend and the two goals I would have thought a decision made this quickly would only have been if there was a suggestion a replacement was coming in? Can't see how a conversation around the current squad suggesting he wouldn't play would have taken place immediately after scoring two goals in the first Friendly of the season
RayleighDagger1986

....or was he further down the pecking order with McCullum McQueen and Balanta ahead of him 🤷‍♂️
Diggerthedog

lupins wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:16 pm Justham
Elefetheriou, Clarke, Onariase, Croll
Deering, Phipps, Brundle
Balanta,
House, Wilkinson,,

Signings can often come off or not but the above isnt the worst
Justham was here under Still, House was average at best with Brundle, Elefetheriou and Clarke the jury is still out. I could have signed Balanta and Deering from past experiences.

Good to see the current manager looking at the leagues below for some talent not players his mates know, Quigley.
Oxhead

How about Wilkinson one of our best ever players
Diggerthedog

Oxhead wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:36 pm How about Wilkinson one of our best ever players
Best players ever? He played half a season for us and was very good wouldn’t put him down as one of our best ever.
DevonDagger

Oxhead wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:36 pm How about Wilkinson one of our best ever players
Bit of a stretch for me. Guy did well for us and perhaps even saved us, but that's all been in a pretty mediocre conference season.
Reality is though he doesn't appear to have replicated that form with Orient in League 2 and given that we were in said divisions for 9 years, I think we've had a few better strikers in that time, nevermind overall player.

As for Grant, it's pretty typical that he would start scoring the day before he leaves but it wouldn't change my mind personally. We had this with Kandi, every time he was written off he'd have a good game and get a new contract. Grant may do very well at Ebbsfleet but I'd probably take my chances on someone else. That miss of his 1-0 down at Notts County last season still gives me sleepless nights.
Diggerthedog

Great Wakering was in the arse end of nowhere but good to be back in a football ground, good 40-50 Daggers I’d say making the trip. Very bitty match where it could have gone either way but McQueen should have scored a 1 on 1 and we had one cleared off the line. I fear for us with wing backs, don’t think we have anyone good enough to be an expert in this position, hopefully I’m proved very wrong.

Second half was much better with Balanta and Deering stand outs, the young lad from ipswich Kai is very good and quick. The right wing back second half was a max someone, very quick and a good finish for the 3rd but missed a sitter just before that.

All in all a decent work out but lots of improvement needed on the shape the gaffer wants to play. Early days.