Y Viva Espana

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
redboy

Assuming that we haven't hired a charabanc with Wayne at the wheel and we're not camping on the beach, how much do we think this team bonding exercise is costing. Based on 3 nights, squad of say 20 players plus staff, I reckon about 12 grand.
matt_drfc

redboy wrote:Assuming that we haven't hired a charabanc with Wayne at the wheel and we're not camping on the beach, how much do we think this team bonding exercise is costing. Based on 3 nights, squad of say 20 players plus staff, I reckon about 12 grand.
Main thing is, it doesn't impact on our budget
shoreyda2nd

Postby Simmo » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:28 pm
I saw the Spanish trip as a waste of money until I found out that it was being largely funded through sponsors that wouldn't otherwise be putting money into the club.
USADAGGER nick

I think a trip like this is needed, with no les than 6 new faces in the squad that will probably play a vital role in our team next year. Not a bad bonding trip
Chigwellian

USADAGGER nick wrote:I think a trip like this is needed, with no les than 6 new faces in the squad that will probably play a vital role in our team next year. Not a bad bonding trip
I tend to agree with this.... hopefully we can get 7 new faces, with the new one being the manager!!
Auntie Merge

Just a point of reference on this trip.

Very often now the cost of overseas trips like this are far cheaper than similar tours in the UK. I see it a lot with company conferences - people accuse the company of extravagance and wasting money but in reality 3 nights in Spain or Malta include air fare etc can be far cheaper than 3 nights in the UK.
PaulHornchurch

As mentioned on previous thread and on here, the trip has been funded by sponsors and has no impact on budget.

Again it seems pre-season is being hampered by our training ground, the hard surface has seen players getting injured. So a few days away will not do anything but good.
bearaab

What's with all this new dislike of the manager? Favourites to go down and finished top half. Out!
USADAGGER nick

Where is our preseason training normally? Is there anyway we can improve that pitch?
mickeyblue

our training pitch gets used by rabbitts ;( and the local kids play there aswell so imo its not ideal.

they may aswell just go over the park and have a kickabout
but we finished 9th!
PaulHornchurch

The pre season is done over at May & Baker. I think last year the club rented the old Tottenham training ground in Chigwell for a few weeks, but at a cost.

I'm sure this is one area that needs to be improved on. I'm sure the club is in contact with possible alternatives, but it comes down to money.

The Club has advertised in the football press for a new Assistant Operations Manager / Commercial Manager during the summer, partly to assist the general day to day workload and try to bring in more revenue streams.

With West Ham now having three top class training centres in the area at Chadwell Heath, Little Heath and Rush Green, you would like to think they could help out their 'poor' neighbours, but think that's unlikely.

Anyway I'm sure the club are on to it, but training facilities are very important to the modern player, and as our wages are not the best, it does make me think we may fail to attract, or worse, lose good players and staff.
USADAGGER nick

Is that pitch a 3G pitch or natural grass?
matt_drfc

USADAGGER nick wrote:Is that pitch a 3G pitch or natural grass?
Neither, it's a mix of hay and weeds..