RIP Derek Almond

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Very sad to read the news on the official site that Derek Almond has died. I always found him to be very much the mediator and smoother-over of things at the club(s) over the years. I knew him from my first days of supporting Leytonstone Ilford when things between the management and supporters were very fractious at times, and he would not be afraid to try and sort things out.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP.

http://mobile.daggers.co.uk/news/articl ... 48789.aspx
IanC

Definately 2nd that auntie,a top top fella whos been around for years.Will be sorely missed.RIP Del mate.
TomMc

Genuinely shocked by this, Del was a proper gent, and nothing but helpful every time I spoke to him. Was such a good laugh too, especially on the pre-season tours down in Taunton, Tiverton and Bideford.

R.I.P.
Masked Man

Shame. Nice bloke, very helpful!!
dagger4eva

Another big loss.

Top bloke, always up for a laugh and a chat. Last saw him towards the end of last season and seemed in very good spirits and looked in very good health.

Rest in peace Del. :(
Ilford Dagger

I'd echo what the others have said, a decent guy who always made the effort to talk to supporters & did a huge amount for the Club especially LI in their early days. RIP & condolences to his family & many friends.
varney

Would like to be associated with all the comments about Derek, top man
DI Mike Dashwood

Very sad news. One of those people you always saw round the Club, always on the go sorting something out, helping someone with something. One of the people who did so much to make the Club such a well respected and friendly organisation, along with the likes of Thommo, Dave Andrews, Gerry etc.

RIP