Game one

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

Can't answer the first question Hockley but pretty sure travelling on any coach as with any other transportation its a new Covid law now that its compulsory, remembering hearing a while back that supporters coach members on away travel would have had to don them if we had gotten the green light. Actually way its going can see it becoming other than sitting down eating and drinking making it a compulsory walking anywhere outside like in Spain? Taking this issue a little deeper hearing from a football league advisory sector taking door handles off is one good step in the right direction why 7 months in this hasn''t been credited?
ThatRoundThing

hockley dagger wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:25 pm Did the team travel by rail yesterday? Do you have to wear face masks on private hire coaches?

I am pretty certain it was mentioned during the week in an interview that they were going by train. I have seen private hire coaches leaving bus lay-bys near where I live carrying mask wearing passengers. I think Russ from Supporters Club and Travel would have the full answer. I believe he was going to be running “socially distanced” coaches running at half capacity and to wear masks. The driver also has to be protected.
Alan

Chigwellian wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:19 pm
Alan wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:46 am Please let’s not entertain the idea that wearing a mask on the journey influenced the outcome of games.
Why not... I get out of breath wearing it for 10 mins in a shop
Surgeons are able to carry out long and complex medical procedures wearing masks without suffering any problems of hypoxia. People working in dusty environments work all day with masks on and are able to do so without suffering hypoxia.
Daggernewbie

ThatRoundThing wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:56 pm
hockley dagger wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:25 pm Did the team travel by rail yesterday? Do you have to wear face masks on private hire coaches?

I am pretty certain it was mentioned during the week in an interview that they were going by train. I have seen private hire coaches leaving bus lay-bys near where I live carrying mask wearing passengers. I think Russ from Supporters Club and Travel would have the full answer. I believe he was going to be running “socially distanced” coaches running at half capacity and to wear masks. The driver also has to be protected.
Yes you have to wear a mask on coaches even for an hour journey.
Chigwellian

Alan wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:11 pm
Alan wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:46 am Please let’s not entertain the idea that wearing a mask on the journey influenced the outcome of games.
Surgeons are able to carry out long and complex medical procedures wearing masks without suffering any problems of hypoxia. People working in dusty environments work all day with masks on and are able to do so without suffering hypoxia.
Hahaha ... you are a very funny man...
Of course I know surgeons have to wear masks..
Of course I know tradesmen wear masks...

What's that to do with how I feel when I wear a mask.??
A WARD

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:11 pm Shocking performance, here’s a few points that are a worry for me.

Clarke Terrible and has been for about a year now, never seen a player so slow and give away so many penalties. Balanta too far away from the box most of the game no point playing him really. Didn’t win a second ball and played a different shape to the one we played most of preseason. Can’t seem to win a header at the back seem too short, not really replaced manny.

Deering left on the Bench was a joke decision, best ball player we have in the whole squad.

Barnet next and they’re a even bigger shambles should be fun. All the bluster about play offs was never going to happen recruitment seems lacklustre to me.
Clarke was out the door at Ebbsfleet after costing us a trophy semi place after smacking someone in the North Ferriby :thumbd: it was only the fact Jamie Day was sacked (unfairly) & replaced by McMahon who seemed to have a love in with him. Just hope Clarkes mum doesn't get involved memories of her screaming at Garry Hill at Boreham Wood :grin: :grin: awful to witness :nono:
Deering is probably on McMahons "naughty step" he used to operate at the Fleet with players that questioned him Deering was forever on it along with Weston, McQueen was shipped out as not good enough for conference :eh:
Good luck for the season but i would be surprised if you have the same manager by the end of it ! :thumbu:
Alan

Chigwellian wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:52 pm

What has how you feel wearing a mask got to do with the performance of the team on Saturday? It was suggested that wearing a mask on the journey to the game might have affected player performance, I’m pointing out that people carry out demanding work WHILST wearing a mask for hours and so the suggestion that wearing a mask for a few hours on the way to the game is just looking for excuses for a poor performance.
Chigwellian

Alan wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:06 am
Chigwellian wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:52 pm

What has how you feel wearing a mask got to do with the performance of the team on Saturday? It was suggested that wearing a mask on the journey to the game might have affected player performance, I’m pointing out that people carry out demanding work WHILST wearing a mask for hours and so the suggestion that wearing a mask for a few hours on the way to the game is just looking for excuses for a poor performance.
Jesus... really Alan?.. this is my last response as I'm finding you very annoying...

The guy named 'that round thing', came up with a valid argument regarding wearing masks for an extended coach/train journey to halifax.
A possibility for low oxygen levels for the players during the game, and a possible reason for such an inept performance.. inhaling our own carbon dioxide can give headaches.

Some players may be affected by a mask more than others, but of course, you Alan (the Oracle of all mask wearers), will know different....
TomMc

"valid argument"

FFS.
Alan

If that’s what passes for a valid argument as to why we lost, it’s going to be a long season.
ThatRoundThing

Alan wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:37 pm If that’s what passes for a valid argument as to why we lost, it’s going to be a long season.
I was merely pointing out that ALL the teams I mentioned were fancied to do well and ALL LOST. They all also ALL had long journeys. I wasn’t referring to just the Daggers. I used the discussion forum to make a comment that may have been of interest.

Try it sometime, instead of waiting to snipe at others.
Alan

It doesn’t stop it being a discussion if someone takes a contrary view.
Dag82

Barnet masks seemed to work OK tonight.

Can be a long old journey around the A406 of an evening, as well.