Best Home & Away Fans Pubs...?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
away day travel

Hi Guys,

I am compiling a new fans guide for the coming season and am after real fans views of which are the best pubs on match days for both home fans & visiting supporters.

Which are the "main pubs" for home fans around the ground..?

Can you let me know the best 5 or so around the ground please and any local establishments that particularly cater for and welcome visiting supporters - pubs, restaurants, parking facilities attractions etc.

Also, any suggestions of pubs that you have visited at other away grounds which are good for away supporters on match days would be great.

Many thanks

Rob
Dagdale

Rob, regarding selecting some decent pubs on our patch down at Dagenham & Redbridge, to be perfectly honest and know many daggers would second it we have not got a great choice within a mile or two other than the large Eastbrook pub on the junction of Rainham Rd South/Dagenham Rd less than 5 minutes walk away, but thankfully we are blessed with a pretty good clubhouse and two floor bars I might add, and of course welcome to away fans at a small entrance charge, its sits on the car park area back of Carling stand and there's always a good banter going on in there. You could walk through the back into Pondfield Park way down Reede Road into Heathway area, or just get off tube at Dagenham Heathway where sits the Lord Denman Weatherspoons but the times I've been in there don't often come across many fans. A better bet would get off Barking train/tube station and sharp left another Weatherspoons Barking Dog or opposite the Spotted Dog where they've just done a refurb. White Horse isn't bad round the back of market heading on London Rd, but like everywhere now shutting down and turning into flats or houses, so getting few and far between. Now away my favourite has to be Hartlepool it had some excellent boozers, Spoons the Ward Jackson was one of the best I've been in, Fishermans Arms and Millhouse with that guy selling from a van outside hot snacks before ko was one of the best last season, thankfully a two day visit this season will be good opportunity to venture wider there. Bury has some good ones right near the famous market, Robert Peel and Knowsley all felt comfortable and pleasant. Talking about pubs you've got to mention Burton some excellent ones there, what I can remember! Great Northern 2 minutes from ground past car park is very good, Devonshire Arms excellent choices of ales and what a gem of a place for choice in the town/High St after the game waiting for train/coach home. Loads more hopefully to come, good luck mate.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Got to recommend that drum in Burnley Myself, You, Billy and Radio Stu wound up in after Accrington away Darrell.

Ok it was a bit spit and sawdust but what a night errr early morning .

Fantastic People .
DI Mike Dashwood

I always put in a plug for my local, the Essex Yeoman in Upminster. It is 7 miles from the ground, but is only 4 stops on tube. So for people in cars, coaches or using the C2C National Rail Service it is very convenient (only 2 miles from the M25). Is very football friendly with several TVs, cheap food and always a mix of football supporters pre and post match heading off or coming back from games around London.

Away wise, The Church at Rochdale is very good and has always been welcoming on our trips up there, and is only 2 mins from the chippy and the away end.
away day travel

Thanks guys, All very useful!