FA CUP

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

Ok, who was the team in red/blue and what have you done with my Daggers??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Abu gets the armband today, and wow! What a difference! A hard working honest performance! And a great if a little undeserved, result!
Bring on Canvey at home in 2nd round!
Diggerthedog

What a difference a bit of balls makes to a team, battling and blocking absolutely everything. Not surprised Clarke has lost the armband.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Trying to find the last time we beat a League side in 90 mins in the FA Cup. Last two wins over League sides were Morecambe '15 (replay) and Walsall '11 (replay). I've got as far as 2003 and run out of ideas. Anyone ?
Jackalope

The only other time it’s happened in the history of D&R was 1-0 away to Lincoln in 2000.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 061398.stm
JohnP

That was hugely enjoyable.
Also, I thought the commentary was top class!
Looked at the Grimsby forum briefly and they were saying the same thing.
Great day!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Jackalope wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:42 pm The only other time it’s happened in the history of D&R was 1-0 away to Lincoln in 2000.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 061398.stm
Wow. Great info. Thanks. What a win
daggersjeff

yep excellent! Canvey at home in round 2?
RampantDuke

We have to build on this now. Played like a proper team today for the first time this season. Wilson looks quality.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
redboy

Great result. We just need to play like this in the league. I remember with Taylor and Burnett who looked on the cusp of being sacked that we’d pull off an amazing win which granted them another month in the job. If the skipper learns not to concede penalties every week we might start to stop looking up the table.
daggersjeff

redboy wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:54 am Great result. We just need to play like this in the league. I remember with Taylor and Burnett who looked on the cusp of being sacked that we’d pull off an amazing win which granted them another month in the job. If the skipper learns not to concede penalties every week we might start to stop looking up the table.
It wasn’t the skipper.........it was Clark...........Abu had the armband yesterday :ermm:
DaggerJoel11

Match Report: Daggers 3 Grimsby 1

It was a valiant display, typified by the exceptional efforts of Sam Deering to set up the winner. After some timid displays in recent weeks, Dagenham showed signs of life yesterday with a brilliant triumph against League Two side Grimsby. Here's my match report and player ratings - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... imsby-town
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Kevin

Lovely couple of finishes from Wilson - excellent work also from Deering (esp considering 90mins under his belt) to fly in & win the ball to set up the 2nd goal.

Manager definitely needs to have a serious word with Clark - if he can't stop making those kind of mistakes, then he needs to come out of the team.

Hopefully green-shoots of recovery, rather than a pleasant one-off.. :blink:
dagger4eva

The thing that bugs me most and even more than the frequent mistakes is his complete lack of composure when on the ball.
Every single time he is in possession, he punts an aimless hoof down the pitch, usually ending either out of touch or to some-one on the opposing team.
It does nothing but invite pressure straight back on to us.

Perhaps he is simply following instructions but it pisses me off.

With that said, it was a thoroughly deserved win imo. Completely rode our luck in the 1st half and were fortunate not to have been a couple of goals down. We battled hard though and take our few number of chances when they came.

Hopefully get a nice easy draw tonight, get through that and then a biggy in the 3rd round on TV. Not asking for much !! :grin: