Sutton United away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

Great result and against a team flying,not to bothered with the performance cos our commitment was excellent. 3rd tough game in a row that we’ve got something from.
I thought Sutton were pretty poor for most of the 2nd half and lost their way after the sending off,which happens a lot these days.
Yeah they had the chance at the end but fluffed it.
Paul Mac bagged his first,that will do him good too.
Our organisation is getting better,and we are on a good run, let’s see what shape we’re in moving into the new year.
Well done daggers
Diggerthedog

Let’s be honest if this was Taylor managing these performances we would all be on here slating him, not sure why McMahon gets a free pass. It was an exact replica of the Woking game and we were lucky Sutton have poor strikers because they should have easily won the game.

We’re 8 games in and I’m yet to see a very convincing performance from a squad which has cost a fair few quid, the set up should have been to stop crosses yet we allowed cross after cross come into our area, why? Are the players not doing as the manager asks or is he not up to the job? Every time we play a direct team who get the ball forward quick like Woking, Halifax and again last night we look terrible. 5 goals in 8 league games is a poor return. Our points before least night came against teams that play football on the floor, we need a plan B to deal with these teams.

Hopefully this is the last of Clark in a Dagenham shirt because if it isn’t he will just continue to make mistakes and has done all season. You won’t trouble the top half with him in the team, liability.

Yes another Hamstring injury this time for the new
signing, bit too much for him after his long spell out of playing games.

10 games to get some more bodies fit for a fee hit at Mansfield but two weeks before a league game so hopefully results are kind to us before then, once you’re down there it’s mentally hard to get back out. Same old.
Coydagger

Couldn’t have been watching the same Woking game as you. Woking was gutless and spineless, we were second best in every department that night. I know people love a moan but Sutton wasn’t the same. We stood up to be counted and took a point home.
Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:43 am Let’s be honest if this was Taylor managing these performances we would all be on here slating him, not sure why McMahon gets a free pass. It was an exact replica of the Woking game and we were lucky Sutton have poor strikers because they should have easily won the game.

We’re 8 games in and I’m yet to see a very convincing performance from a squad which has cost a fair few quid, the set up should have been to stop crosses yet we allowed cross after cross come into our area, why? Are the players not doing as the manager asks or is he not up to the job? Every time we play a direct team who get the ball forward quick like Woking, Halifax and again last night we look terrible. 5 goals in 8 league games is a poor return. Our points before least night came against teams that play football on the floor, we need a plan B to deal with these teams.

Hopefully this is the last of Clark in a Dagenham shirt because if it isn’t he will just continue to make mistakes and has done all season. You won’t trouble the top half with him in the team, liability.

10 games to get some more bodies fit for a fee hit at Mansfield but two weeks before a league game so hopefully results are kind to us before then, once you’re down there it’s mentally hard to get back out. Same old.
NBDag

I must admit I didn’t pay for the stream for Sutton and Boreham Wood, but the headline is that for those two tricky away games we have walked away with 4 points. That’s not bad at all, and I believe there is a saying in football that good teams get results even if they play bad. Not saying that we’re a good team, but we’re getting results and ultimately that’s what it’s about isn’t it?

Think it’s safe to say that we are improving though since Maidstone - 2 goals conceded and 5 goals scored in 3 games. Let’s also look back to the last time we had a player sent off, it was against a piss-poor opposition and we threw the game away. At least this time we have managed to hold our own and see the game out for a good point (albeit slightly by the grace of Lady Luck).

Still a lot of work to do, but I think it can be seen that work is being done.
Coydagger

Some people expect Dagenham to be top of the league, winning 4-0 every game and laying siege to the oppositions goal. No other factors considered. Football doesn’t work like that.
NBDag wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:25 am I must admit I didn’t pay for the stream for Sutton and Boreham Wood, but the headline is that for those two tricky away games we have walked away with 4 points. That’s not bad at all, and I believe there is a saying in football that good teams get results even if they play bad. Not saying that we’re a good team, but we’re getting results and ultimately that’s what it’s about isn’t it?

Think it’s safe to say that we are improving though since Maidstone - 2 goals conceded and 5 goals scored in 3 games. Let’s also look back to the last time we had a player sent off, it was against a piss-poor opposition and we threw the game away. At least this time we have managed to hold our own and see the game out for a good point (albeit slightly by the grace of Lady Luck).

Daggerman

Coydagger wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:43 am Some people expect Dagenham to be top of the league, winning 4-0 every game and laying siege to the oppositions goal. No other factors considered. Football doesn’t work like that.
NBDag wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:25 am I must admit I didn’t pay for the stream for Sutton and Boreham Wood, but the headline is that for those two tricky away games we have walked away with 4 points. That’s not bad at all, and I believe there is a saying in football that good teams get results even if they play bad. Not saying that we’re a good team, but we’re getting results and ultimately that’s what it’s about isn’t it?

So what point are you trying to get over? Nothing in that post suggested winning or deserving a win, seemed a genuine comment to me
Diggerthedog

Coydagger wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:34 am Couldn’t have been watching the same Woking game as you. Woking was gutless and spineless, we were second best in every department that night. I know people love a moan but Sutton wasn’t the same. We stood up to be counted and took a point home.
Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:43 am Let’s be honest if this was Taylor managing these performances we would all be on here slating him, not sure why McMahon gets a free pass. It was an exact replica of the Woking game and we were lucky Sutton have poor strikers because they should have easily won the game.

The first half an hour last night was an identical to the whole game at Woking no pressure on the ball sit back and defend, we were lucky not to be two or three down, we improved slightly after that. Working hard should not be applauded its the minimum required.

I don't expect us to be top of the league and win every game 4 nil but for a team to be heavily backed and just about scraping points alongside barely scoring goals not more than 1 in a game so far in what is a not to difficult league to score an average amount of goals. What other factors are stopping us from doing better? Poor summer recruitment and poor management? Cant blame injuries every season.

We have some brilliant individuals but if they don't mold into a brilliant team that is for the manager to fix.
Coydagger

Sorry for not being more clearer. NBDag’s post was a very reasonable one unlike some of what I see being said on here.
Daggerman wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:12 am
Coydagger wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:43 am Some people expect Dagenham to be top of the league, winning 4-0 every game and laying siege to the oppositions goal. No other factors considered. Football doesn’t work like that.

So what point are you trying to get over? Nothing in that post suggested winning or deserving a win, seemed a genuine comment to me
len

In the last week we have played two of the better teams away and got four points, Sutton had scored five goals in their previous game and Boreham wood had not lost in fifteen home games prior to us. In addition to this we beat Grimsby in the cup. From some of the comments you would think that we had not got anything from these games. I would say sod
The fact that these performances do not match some fans expectations I for one am delighted.
IanC

Spot on len
jag

Much of what has already been said, but would like to add that I think the team does lots of running around however always seem to be chasing the game for the first 20 mins. I think the team should try to get a more up tempo game going and put the opposition under pressure for a while, our pace at the beginning of every game I have seen so far this season has been all about preventing the opposition, this happened again against Sutton last night, I agree with regards to Kenny Clarke he has not started this season very well although he did not end last season to well either, what has gone wrong with him, I loved his play and organisation when he started at the club, did he object at losing the captaincy?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Fair play to the Manager he did highlight how difficult we are making things for ourselves . He called out KC last night but did it in a honest manner. Also he has spoken again about the rash challenges that have caused penalties and disciplinary action from the ref.
It may have escaped Peoples attention that we are getting close to our first suspension for tot ups , Adam's who has not started every game and joined late already has four to my knowledge that was Abs 3rd last night. Simply can not afford to lose any players through suspension at the moment with the infamous Dagenham fortnight playing a part in keeping players out.

Take the point that Boreham and Sutton are two of the better teams, but if that Is the case then it also highlights how far we really are away from our target. Both have given us plenty to think about and in all honesty look far better teams then what we currently look, but if they finish any higher then scrapping into playoffs then I will be surprised.

The disappointing thing remains that we create very little . The ball does not get moved around quick enough and we look like we are constantly under siege.

Once again last night it's the Goalkeeper who was close if not MOM. If your Goalkeeper is being worked every game like ours is then I am sorry it dont bode well, especially when you are not scoring goals.

We were meant to have signed exciting attacking players for this season but 10 games in I have yet to see anything that justifies that discription given the odd moment out of 900.