RIP Ted Hardy

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lord Snooty

The Bill Shankley of Dagenham - RIP
davei

Just seen this, absolute shocker. Without doubt, and I can say this without fear of contradiction, the best manager Dagenham EVER had. Mind you, I have to admit, seeing he lived to a good old age of 91, how his heart ever lasted that long is amazing to me.

Watching him (and his heart) explode over George Dudley clearing the ball in to the parking lot instead of up the left wing, or Martin Smith doing the complete opposite of what he should have done, or Peter Greene just doing whatever the hell he wanted to do was worth the price of admission. But he knew how to produce winning players and teams as his record shows.

While I see the humour in remembering those days, he was an absolute footballing genius, a true legend and perhaps most important of all, a good guy. And in reply to an earlier post, perhaps it should have read Bill Shankly was Liverpool's Ted Hardy....

Ted, you will always be a lasting memory to me, thank you for the true excitement you provided over the years, you will be missed.

Dave
lupins

20201207_121828.jpg
A favourite pic of mine
Bev

Thank you everyone but I must say Dave's post has made me laugh so much. He was fiery to say the least :grin:

These tributes mean so much to my mum and me.

Bev (Ted's daughter)
davei

Thanks so much Bev for what your Father brought to this club, and thanks to you and your family for allowing him time away from you all to do it...….

Dave
Auntie Merge

Bev wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:32 pm Thank you everyone but I must say Dave's post has made me laugh so much. He was fiery to say the least :grin:

These tributes mean so much to my mum and me.

Bev (Ted's daughter)
Hello Bev, I’ve sent you a personal message on here but it doesn’t appear to have been read yet.
If you go to your profile, control panel and look for private messages, you should be able to find it.