Maybe, give him until the end of the season
2%
No, he is doing a fantastic job
7%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 41
Diggerthedog

redboy wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:05 pm Football is a results business. A lot of fans didn't like John Still but he got us results with limited resources. DM has been backed by the board during these unprecedented times and has basically failed in terms of results and performances.

He should go, but as Ive stated before on here, it's all well and good having US backers, but WTF are they? What do they know about the National League? Who are they relying on over here for feedback on the team?

It's another shambles, another relegation fight and as per usual the loyal fans are made to suffer.
The owner on Twitter tonight:

Daryl's frustration (and honesty) mirrors my own. Our supporters expect and DESERVE more. This has nothing to do with strategy or budget, it has to do with playing with HEART and being a DAGGER and giving ALL of yourself. We will do better for you, our fans.
DevonDagger

redboy wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:05 pm He should go, but as Ive stated before on here, it's all well and good having US backers, but WTF are they? What do they know about the National League? Who are they relying on over here for feedback on the team?

It's another shambles, another relegation fight and as per usual the loyal fans are made to suffer.
They watch every game via a livestream and no doubt speak to Steve Thompson and the manager on a regular basis. I think they are equally aware of the team's results and performances just as much as anyone else. Doubt very much they'd put millions into the club then shut their eyes and plug their ears, tempting as it may currently be.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

As much as the signings were paid by the owners, Daryl is the one who signed them all off. We have a lot of good players, and we're not getting results. I'd definitely be having words but I don't know if there's better out there.
Mark

I'd give him a little longer but the signs are very worrying. All we want to see is a bit of intent and some attacking football. You don't need money to get that.

The easy explanation is that we've overpaid for average players and they're all a bit too comfortable to really give it 100% every week. There's definitely some I'd question the attitude of.

But I think for me it's just the recruitment didn't have a clear blueprint. We've got a lot of players but we are woefully short of quality at full back and on the right side of midfield. There's very little pace in the side. There's not enough variation, we have a lot of ball players and not many runners. No coincidence we looked miles better once we got some runners on the pitch second half.
Diggerthedog

Fail to get 6 points out of the next two and he must be shown the door, like a mark said the recruitment was a bit puzzling to say the least. Any news on the Joey Jones injury or Reynolds who both are much more comfortable on the ball.
Dagdale

I never had thought after all the down spiral of the past season and the PT situation that we have still got this- a side that just are not putting it up altogether and getting the job done and deeply disappointed as like so many thought we had a good thing going this season on pre- season purchases. End of the day a good manager should be able to put his finger on it fairly rapidly but guess there's always the Dagenham way! We're at last back Saturday great to meet up again with old acquaintances and good mates seethe old manor again and just hope we can give them that extra tonic. Its been so hard keeping your marbles up this last odd year we all need a buzz from somewhere a bit of excitement and all these years going getting so browned off with many sides to modern football, politics etc which would have to open up another thread to run it in but somehow got to believe in the impossible and move it forward.
Dag82

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:14 pm Fail to get 6 points out of the next two and he must be shown the door, l

Could not agree more with that.

If he cannot get that reaction, against those 2 teams, then there is no chance, this is going to improve any time soon enough, to rescue our season, and he should go.

We are either serious about getting back to the League, or we're not.
ARNU

I think we'll be going down this year. Where's Robinson? Manager is awful, Football is awful. Have we even won a game under McMahon ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
A S dagger97

If we bottle the win here then hes gotta go tonight
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
SUSSEX DAGGER

And after all that the last time I looked we are 6 points off playoffs with a game in hand . The bar really is not that high ffs . Dont forget playoffs was the only target.
If he dont make that with this squad then my god he should not wait for the sack .

We are already close to our rather pathetic target and we ain't started playing yet
hockley dagger

I didn't watch the game last night but I understand there was an altercation between Rance and McCallum? What was that all about?
Diggerthedog

hockley dagger wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:44 am I didn't watch the game last night but I understand there was an altercation between Rance and McCallum? What was that all about?
They both got booked at the same time which I found strange. McCallum is now suspended for 5 yellows so more changes for Saturday.
Mark

Wilson straight swap and no further changes hopefully. Jones is the only one I'd consider if he's ready.
Oxhead

Was Deering dropped ?
Mark

Yes