Maybe, give him until the end of the season
2%
No, he is doing a fantastic job
7%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 41
Auntie Merge

It’s been a while since we had any type of poll.
Time for one of these...
Auntie Merge

What are the odds for Darren Currie coming in long term but with John Still as his assistant until the end of the season?
Dagdale

Passable Auntie I'd go along with that and would think a few others would too
Diggerthedog

Most definitely but I fear if that happens good old Still will be sniffing about like a fox hunt dog, please no.
GSDMick

McMahon was given the finances to assemble an experienced expensive squad. We were looking forward to a season of free flowing attacking football, oh how wrong we were. !!
We are on the backfoot in most games and we are playing boring defensive hoof ball. The manager is ultimately responsible for performances and the current performances are not acceptable.
Sorry Daryl but it is already time to go.
hockley dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:05 pm Most definitely but I fear if that happens good old Still will be sniffing about like a fox hunt dog, please no.
You know he would and you know the board would, but would the owners?
Diggerthedog

They get told this and that by the current MD and hang on his words, unfortunately the current MD wouldn’t know a decent manager if he slapped him round the face, hence we’re looking at a third season of fighting relegation.
stanton101

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:11 pm They get told this and that by the current MD and hang on his words, unfortunately the current MD wouldn’t know a decent manager if he slapped him round the face, hence we’re looking at a third season of fighting relegation.
Been saying the exact same thing myself.
There's no excuse for this dross, it's his team that's performing like this.
Currie's a good shout, but I wouldn't have still back. I'd rather Paul Benson as his no.2.
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:11 pm They get told this and that by the current MD and hang on his words, unfortunately the current MD wouldn’t know a decent manager if he slapped him round the face, hence we’re looking at a third season of fighting relegation.
Yep. Someone on the board is probably the person who answered ‘No, he is doing a fantastic job’. :whistle:
DevonDagger

Strange poll options which don't match the question for me. The question being 'time to go?' yet one of the answers is in 5 months time!

Personally I would not sack him tomorrow but then of course I don't believe he's doing a fantastic job so far. Had to go with 'other'
Penfold

Didnt someone say that John Still was present at the Notts County game on Wednesday... Deja vu with the Stevenage game a couple of years ago when Burnett was sacked.
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
Penfold

Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:42 pm
Yep. Someone on the board is probably the person who answered ‘No, he is doing a fantastic job’. :whistle:
Such person would be too "big" for that, surely it would be dictated to the hardest working person to post on one's behalf?
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
Dag82

Should he go??, based on what we have seen this season, yes, and it's the normal situation, in that if he was at any other club, who had given the manager, the financial backing, that he has received, then he would be under big pressure now, but in reality, probably not here.

When he came in last season, I thought it really looked promising, and there was an immediate improvement in the performances, before the whole thing got shut down.

But something has gone badly wrong since then, is it bad recruitment ??, or is the job just too big for him ??, don't know, but the fact is that we are currently, in a worse position PPG, than we were under Taylor last season, and this season is (unbelievably) looking close to a write off again, already.

The attitude of the players is just mystifying, first half today, they looked like they were totally uninterested in being there, second half, they played them off the pitch for long spells, and had enough chances to have actually won that game.................Explain that ??.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dag82 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:03 pm Should he go??, based on what we have seen this season, yes, and it's the normal situation, in that if he was at any other club, who had given the manager, the financial backing, that he has received, then he would be under big pressure now, but in reality, probably not here.

When he came in last season, I thought it really looked promising, and there was an immediate improvement in the performances, before the whole thing got shut down.

But something has gone badly wrong since then, is it bad recruitment ??, or is the job just too big for him ??, don't know, but the fact is that we are currently, in a worse position PPG, than we were under Taylor last season, and this season is (unbelievably) looking close to a write off again, already.

The attitude of the players is just mystifying, first half today, they looked like they were totally uninterested in being there, second half, they played them off the pitch for long spells, and had enough chances to have actually won that game.................Explain that ??.
Its Nationalisation that has caused it , my mate who was a Coal Miner once asked me what I thought NCB meant on the back of his donkey jacket, when I replied Natinal Coal Board he said no it means no c u next Tuesday is bothered.

Let's just hope Boris Johnson never streamed it , he will want his money back
redboy

Football is a results business. A lot of fans didn't like John Still but he got us results with limited resources. DM has been backed by the board during these unprecedented times and has basically failed in terms of results and performances.

He should go, but as Ive stated before on here, it's all well and good having US backers, but WTF are they? What do they know about the National League? Who are they relying on over here for feedback on the team?

It's another shambles, another relegation fight and as per usual the loyal fans are made to suffer.