Altrincham Match First Game for Fans

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

So whos is actually going? If so why and if not why not? Do you normally go? Going to be hard to convince the current floating fans, but bit of noise might help our boys get out of this pickle!
Mark

Yes I am going, season ticket holder. It should be relatively safe outdoors and distanced. Can't see us getting more than 1000. If the attendance was higher I'd probably be a little concerned.
RayleighDagger1986

I'll be going. The rules allow and as a season ticket holder, I want to attend. Simple as...
Don Beech 3

Planning to go, haven't received my Season Ticket yet. Wondering if other holders have received yet?
Diggerthedog

Don Beech 3 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:45 pm Planning to go, haven't received my Season Ticket yet. Wondering if other holders have received yet?
Not yet but our sorting office is on skeleton staff due to an outbreak, have had mail twice in three weeks!
hockley dagger

I shall do the live stream. I think standing at the Bury Road end would be pretty safe, but the lad is a bit tepid about going as his usual matchday experience with his mates in the pub can't happen. I'll look towards getting to the Bromley game.
BB-Dagger

I’m going and so is my son and at least we can stand together.
Been looking forward to getting back and watching football, I just hope everybody going is sensible in regards to distancing. As for season tickets my son received his last week but I’m still waiting, Club has said there’s plenty of time before the game and no need to worry.
Alan

Received my ticket today. I can’t make it this weekend, gutted to be missing this one.
Dagger42

Definitely going, but looks we could be back on streaming. Lot of talk in press about London being put in tier 3 from 16th Dec.
Dagdale

Its going to be a very unusual experience I reckon with so many things missing, not really worried about safety at ground as believe it has been well looked into but a bit on edge moving around rail, buses and undergrounds again although can't imagine it would be as busy as this time last year but with people way laying into Christmas shopping up west could get me slightly on edge. But watching the daggers and seeing old faces again even from a distance is something I and I'm sure most of us here have missed heaps, five o clock and a good win be well worth it going home with the challenges again and opening up a pint at home!
DevonDagger

Would like to, obviously, but somehow travelling the width of the country and probably having to stop over doesn't really feel appropriate yet. I was expecting proof of a local address being required for tickets when they allowed fans back in to be honest.
After so long with restrictions, the prospect of travelling and going to places with a lot of people around almost feels like a dirty deed. Will look at it again after the New Year but more than hopeful of a few towards the end of the season.
I saw a local level 9 game over the weekend and it's interesting how there's seemingly less rules around the ground than required at our home game on Saturday (despite this also being a tier 2 area) - hardly a mask in sight and distancing didn't seem to be particularly enforced - felt like a fairly typical match day bar various facilities being closed
Mark

Everyone has been turning a blind eye to the lack of distancing at regional league grounds. It was especially apparent during the early fa cup rounds on the TV. I guess it wouldn't look good to punish any of these little clubs who can probably barely survive as it is.
RayleighDagger1986

My season ticket arrived last week. Surely the delay is with the post office and not the club but I dont understand why the smart season ticket card couldn't have been issued in the build up to the season and updated with individual choices of attending or streaming.
Mark

As far as I understand, the gate simply validates the code on the season card. There's likely no way for the club to revoke and reinstate the card on an ad hoc basis.

What they could (and possibly should) have done, is tally it up after the fact. If they left everyone with both ticket and streaming access, they could know after the game who used both. Anyone caught abusing the system could have had their streaming revoked. That way we could pick and choose, but the club doesn't risk people giving their ticket or stream away.
Diggerthedog

Got my card through but not the boys, happy with my allocated seat COYD!